Chapter Fifty~ Grouped

"You're taking three days to start this operation. You're being awfully cautious" Nozel stated as he stood on the balcony. The Royal Magic Knights were inside enjoying the banquet that was held for them.

"What are you getting at? Do you think I'm hesitating?" Mereoleona narrowed her eyes at him.

"No. It appears I don't need to worry..." He answered flatly.

"You always were perceptive. I've set a trap to find out how much the enemy knows of our plans. Well let's hear it from them directly" Her eyed glare down at the shadow that was watching the interaction.  "Did you really think you could trick me with such a foolish spell?" she snarled making the shadow run away in fear.

It was a spy from the Eye of the Midnight Sun who managed to hide around the Lodging House. It was quite unfortunate that he choose to spy on the fearless Lioness.

Nozel slowly summons his grimoire, His mercury magic in the form of a spear stops the unknown shadow mage from running away.

The shadow tried his best to escape but where Nozel's spear stabbed him restricted him from using his magic.

Mereoleona walked towards the squirming shadow before using her flaming fire claw to grab the spy. A mage with long gray hair has a horrified expression on his face when his magic is undone.

"You're not getting away" she smirked evilly.

A scream was heard, echoing throughout the whole building.

________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone has an expression of shock around the banquet. They can see a badly beaten man under the flame lion paw of Mereoleona while Nozel is stood beside her.

"What?! A spy from the Eye of the Midnight Sun?!" Asta loud voice gasped.

"I can't believe there really was one..." Noelle whispered. 

" How did they get passed all the Magic Knights" Y/N couldn't help but mention. 

"Mushroom is shocked!" the mushroom on the left shoulder of En shouted in disbelief.

"Second-Place Rookie, apparently, he was following you..." Mereoleona informed narrowing her eyes at Asta.

"To think I hadn't even noticed...How disgraceful" Klaus mumbled his disappointment.

"I questioned him without killing him but apparently, our enemy has not noticed any of our movements" Mereoleona informed. "Therefore, we will be moving up the operation's start time. We strike the Eye of the Midnight Sun's hideout tomorrow morning!" she announced surprising everyone.

"T-tomorrow?!" A magic Knight stuttered.

"Not in three days?" Puli wanted to confirm to make sure they were hearing right.

"I don't want Yuno to see me right after I wake up!" Bell complained puffing up in annoyance. 

"Make sure you all get plenty of rest tonight. That is all..." Mereoleona nodded before walking away with the spy in her hand.

"It appears Lady Mereoleona intended all along to depart immediately as soon as she captured the enemy spy." Someone stated after they left.

"So if you want to fool your enemies, you must first fool your friends..." Y/N added feeling smart when she made the comment.

"But tomorrow morning?" Nils seems hesitant about it.

"What a scary lady." Zora snickered before looking at the quiet Asta. "What's up, shitty shrimp junior? You scared?" he questions playfully.

"It's the exact opposite." Asta answered with a serious expression this time. "The reason I want to become Wizard King is so that everyone who lives here can have a free country where they can always smile" he admitted. "I'm going to stop their rampage no matter what!" Asta declared as he clenches his right fist.

"You'd better not go on a rampage on hold us back." Yuno stated nonchalantly.

"I'm never going to lose to you!" Asta pointed at Yuno.

"I'm the one who's going to win." The wind magic user stated after he scoffed.

"Idiots" Y/N smiled before pulling them into a hug, " Be safe tomorrow alright guys. Don't Die on me"

"That will not happen..." Yuno assured wrapping his arms around her.

"I will not allow that to happen!" Asta shouted as he points to himself. "Because I have to be alive to be the Wizard King!" he said proudly.

"You mean...me..." Yuno corrected.

"It's finally time..." Noelle stated with seriousness in her eyes.