Chapter 12

"Alright, ladies and gents!" Tara shrieked as she stepped up to the dining room table

   "Alright, ladies and gents!" Tara shrieked as she stepped up to the dining room table. The music stopped and the voices died down. They all stared at Tara who ruled the house. Her blonde hair had fallen slightly out of her tight bun. Her dress was nice and clean, probably the cleanest in the household.

She smirked, meeting Alina's gaze. Tara scowled when she noticed her, but it seemed as if an idea had popped up in her head. What now?

"Anyone up for seven minutes in Heaven?" She asked, her eyes focused on Alina. The crowd cheered, clapping. Alina froze. Seven minutes in Heaven. One of the worst games to play at a party, more or less if you were drunk. She immediately felt uncomfortable.

Dylan rolled his eyes, sighing. "You don't have to play if you don't want to, Allie." He assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Carla giggled with Gabriela and Santino seemed excited. Alina just wanted to get out of here, feeling her throat closing up. Sweat beaded her forehead and she suddenly felt claustrophobic. She needed fresh air.

Dylan seemed to notice her uneasiness, grabbing Alina's hand and squeezing it. "Are you okay?" He asked. Alina wanted to say no, but she shook her head. She wasn't eight anymore. She wasn't weak, no. She was going to be strong and endure the uncomfortable feeling.

"Not everyone can join the game. We're too many." A girl in front of Alina pointed out. Tara acted surprised.

"Oh my! My mistake" She pouted sarcastically. "We could do rounds, I suppose." Her eyes fell on Alina and her lips formed into a devilish smirk.

"Well, who's in the first round?" A dark voice belonging to a boy asked. He had ginger hair by the looks of it. Alina remembered that he had been in her sophomore physical education class.

Tara chuckled. "How about we do the most popular groups first?" She stared directly at our group standing by the stairs. "The populars and my group- the Elites."

Alina froze. This was her plan. She knew what was going to happen. Tara was evil for sure. Meanwhile, the crowd cheered, agreeing with Tara.

"I see that's a deal. Get over here guys! The round starts in the living room." She laughed, jumping off the table with a thud and making her way to their living room. The eyes belonging to the teens in the crowd watched as the popular group made their way to the living room.

Alina felt sick. She didn't want to be here. She shouldn't have come here. Dylan kept his hand in hers, comforting her. Yet, she was still shaking. Tara wanted Alina to spill her darkest secrets. She was evil. Sometimes she wondered how Tara and Dylan were related. They were practically polar opposites. Fire and ice. Dylan was the sweet, innocent one while Tara thought she was some kind of queen being mean and oh not so innocent.

They both took their father's death differently.

While Dylan locked himself in his room day long, becoming quieter with each passing day, Tara just turned cold-hearted. She masked her crumbling foundation with one of those fake smiles, but it had been obvious that the traumatic event changed her. She used to be nicer, more caring, but after she witnessed her dad plummet off the same cliff that Alina encountered years later, her attitude became vicious- demonic even. She was cold-hearted and loved to see one suffer for she had suffered through the pain as well.