Chapter 5 *Pic of Anna*

Chapter 5:

Valentine’s Day was, well, so good. We had a picnic on the beach and swam in the warm, beautiful water. But the only thing that put me off was the fact it was the beach I had the dream about. That made me feel slightly nervous, thinking about it and how it made me feel a bit edgy. But Reese helped me with that. He took it off my mind my throwing me into the deep area of the water, causing me to drown almost. When I came out from underneath the water, I cracked up laughing. And then pushed him under as well. Though that was a bit hard. After our swim, we walked hand in hand up to our towels. We sat down, and I sighed.

“What’s up?” Reese said, must of hearing my sigh.

“Nothing. Just thinking about how good the last few weeks have been” I smiled.

“Ha. Your right. They have been pretty good. But only because they have been with you” He said, also smiling.

I blushed and looked down. It’s getting really annoying how much he can make me go red. And once again, he laughed at my blush. I need to stop it. Fast.

“So. If I wasn’t here, and you hadn’t met me, what would you be doing this fine Valentine evening?” I said, trying to make a small conversation.

“Sitting at home, watching T.V” He said seriously. I laughed at his stupidity. I knew he was lying.

“Well why would someone as gorgeous as you, be sitting at home all alone Valentine’s Day?” I said, trying to get him to spill.

“Because I wouldn’t have someone as beautiful as you” He said, smiling. But I didn’t blush. One tiny bit.

“Uhuh. How can you expect me to believe that you would be with Emily? She came to see you yesterday. Im sure you would have been with her.”

“I wouldn’t have been happy though.” He defended.

“Right. Well we better get going. You know I need to be home before dinner” I grabbed his hand, picked up our stuff, and started walking home. It was a silent trip. That made me a bit uncomfortable. By the time we got home, it was almost dark. I said goodnight and walked inside. Mum was home, sitting on the lounge eating lasagna. I went into the kitchen and put my own dinner in the oven. I go to the lounge room and plop myself next to mum, and rest my head on her shoulder. Whilst mum was about to put a piece of lasagna into her mouth.

“What’s up honey?” Mum said, before putting her food in her mouth.

“I don’t know why I acted so cold to Reese before. Why did I do that?” I said to myself.

“What did you say?”

I explained to mum everything. About yesterday when we saw Emily, and at the beach today.

“I think you were jealous of Reese knowing, and previously dating Emily, because you want him to yourself?” She said helpfully. I nodded. That has to be it. I would never have done that otherwise.

“Mum, can you watch my food, I need to call Reese.” I said, jumping up and running to my room. I grabbed my phone, and dialed Reese’s number. After the 4th ring, he finally answered.

“Hello”

“Hey Reese, its Sandy. I called to say im sorry for how I acted. You didn’t deserve it and I think I acted cold to you because I was jealous of your history with Emily. Im so sorry” I said quickly.

“Umm, yeah sure. Im sorry too. Listen I gotta go, call later, love you” He said rushed. He hung up before I could say anything else. I dropped the phone on my bed, and sat down. He said he loved me? I thought I was against all the ‘I Love you forever’ business. I am. But why do I feel, happy?