Thirty-Six

After bidding Junpei and his mother farewell, Lucy and Itadori decided to head back to the school. But since Ijichi was taking too long picking them up, the duo decided to take another way back. And by that, it means Itadori was holding on to Lucy for dear life as she swung from building to building with her ODM gear. The idea seemed ridiculous to Lucy but Itadori practically begged her because he wanted to see what it was like using it. Of course, she responded with no way in hell but soon gave in to Itadori's pleading look with one condition. He had to hold on to her because he would end up breaking it if he used it.

"Woah. Woah. Woah!" Itadori shouted as he held on to Lucy like a Koala. "I can't believe you do this every dayyyyyyy!"

Lucy did a sharp turn that almost made the young Jujutsu sorcerer slip off her. "Not every day," Lucy corrected him.

When Itadori got a good hold on her, he peeked over Lucy's head. He gazed in awe at the view of Tokyo he hasn't been able to see. A small smile grew on his face as he laid his chin on top of her head.

"To think, Spiderman gets to see things from this point of view every day."

"Who?"

Itadori chuckled, not surprised what Lucy hasn't seen anymore. "He's a superhero. Maybe we can watch it once we get back if that's ok?"

Superhero, Lucy thought. Her mind went back to the small conversation they had with Junpei moments before they left.

Flashback

"You're kidding me, right?" Junpei asked in bewilderment.

Lucy and Itadori were packing to head out. Jupei began asking questions about their parents. Itadori never really knew his parents that well but he was happy when he spoke about his grandpa. Lucy had to half-lie. She didn't really have any memories of her mother because she died when she was young. Her uncle took care of her, Itadori tried not to look pissed about knowing the full truth about the bastard. Then she 'found out' her father had another family and went looking for them.

"It's been a crazy month," she stated. "But I'm glad I went looking for them."

"And what happened to your Uncle Kenny?"

Lucy shrugged her shoulders. "Who knows? And frankly, I don't care."

"You don't care but I do," Itadori piped up. He wrapped his arm around Lucy's shoulders. "If it wasn't for him, then maybe you wouldn't have found out about Fushiguro and came to the school. I'm glad you fell into our lives."

"So is Lucy a Jujutsu sorcerer, too?" Junpei wondered. "Like you."

"In a way. Her situation is a bit more complicated," Itadori answered honestly, which earn a harsh stomp on his foot from Lucy. Shit, should I have said that?

Junpei motioned to her ODM gear. "Is that why she has that on her?"

"I've got this from a friend of mine back home," Lucy lied. "It's something we were working on before I came."

"That's amazing. I hope I get to meet her one day." Junpei went over and started browsing through his DVDs. "Hey, have either of you killed people?"

"No," Itadori answered right away. "I haven't."

"Someday you'll have to fight bad Jujutsu sorcerers, right? What will you do then?"

"If that happens...I still won't want to kill them."

"Why not? They're bad people."

"I just think if I'd kill anyone...the very option of killing would then enforce its way into my life. The value of life would become ambiguous. I might start taking the people I care about for granted. And that scares me."