Twenty-Seven

Lucy watched as Nanami charged at the curse he was battling with.

"My curse technique allows me to forcibly create a weak point I can exploit on any opponent," Nanami began explaining. Lucy soon lunged at the curse in front of her, still listening to Nanami. "7:3. Striking the point at that ratio when you draw a line along the target's length causes a critical hit. That allows me to deal a fair amount of damage, even to those ranked higher than me."

The curse began to dance around the girl. Lucy could only look around and waited for her opening. The curse smiled before it tried to punch her but Lucy backflipped out of the way before pulling her blades out. Lucy swung her blade and sliced the curse's arm off. The curse paid no mind before it leaped up and tried to pin her down. Lucy dodged easily before kicking the curse in its chest.

"And if their cursed energy is weak," Nanami continued. "I can slice them in two, even with a blunt blade."

Once the cure was away from her, Lucy grabbed the curse's good arm before flipping it over her shoulder. Nanami glanced back as Lucy stabbed the curse's shoulder with her sword, knowing full well that she was paying attention. Then he looked at Itadori, who was struggling a bit.

"Are you listening, Itadori?"

Itadori grunted as he tried to push the curse back. "Huh? You were talking to me?!" he exclaimed as the curse threw him across the rooftop. He almost hit the high fence but soon felt arms around him.

"He was talking to the both of us," Lucy said as she landed on the ground.

Itadori saw one of the hooks from the ODM gear retracting back. "Wait, how are you able to use this up here on the roof?" He followed the lines of the other one and saw the hook was lodged into the cursed spirit he was fighting, which was pinned the wall by the entrance. His eyes bugged out of his head. "DID YOU REALLY USE THAT AS LEVERAGE?"

"She wouldn't have to if you weren't in trouble," Nanami scolded. He motioned toward their right. "Otherwise, the curse would have been put down already."

Itadori looked and saw the cursed Lucy was fighting had both her blades lodged in its body. It was trying to crawl away but the swords were stabbed on the spirit's back it wouldn't move an inch.

"Are you saying this is my fault?"

Lucy rolled her eyes. "No. But if this was a life or death situation then you would have been dead."

He pointed at Nanami. "What about him? I mean, is it really that wise to reveal something like that to the enemy?"

"It's no problem to reveal a technique like that to an opponent," Nanami reasoned. "In fact, it can even work to your advantage if it-"

Itadori soon zoned out with his own thinking, I wanna focus on the curse but it feels like I should be listening to him.

He noticed he was still in Lucy's arms. "Lucy, you can put me down now," he said. His eyes widened once he saw the last hook on her ODM gear was retracting itself.

"I wouldn't agree with revealing your technique," she began. "It's a big gamble but in a situation like this, you just gotta go for it."

Itadori's eyes widened as Lucy swung her body back. "Wait, Lucy -"

"Here you -"

"Wait, don't do -" Lucy threw Itadori toward his curse. "IT!!!!" He soon crashed on top of the curse.

Lucy looked at Nanami. "You gonna show us your example or what?" she asked.

Nanami nodded before getting a fighting position. He held his blade up as the curse charged at him. Nanami focused on the curse before jumping up and using the back of the blade to slice the curse in pieces.

"All that force came from me," he said. He looked at Lucy as she walked away from her curse. "You should have finished it off."

"We could have done a lot of things," she responded.

Nanami raised his brow at the girl as she stood beside him. "You never fought curses yet you manage to handle yourself well."

"Compare to Titans, these things are a simple walk in the park." Lucy placed her hand on her hip as she saw the curse about to attack Itadori. "Right behind you!"

Itadori moved and blocked the curse's attack. The punch was strong enough to push him back 'til he was rolling on the ground.

"I don't like you turning your back on your opponent," Nanami scolded again.

Itadori got fed up. "You're the one who keeps distracting me here!" he shouted.

Lucy crossed her arms as she saw Itadori's fists glowing. Realizing he's trying to use the curse energy Gojo was teaching him how to use. She remembers that training session. She was sparing with Itadori with Gojo watching. She managed to push him on the floor while he tried to punch her with the said cursed energy but...that didn't turn out so well for him.

Itadori took some control of the cursed energy and punched the curse on its left chest. Lucy's brows shot up as the punch was strong enough to put a hole through the curse. The curse coughed up blood as it fell back. Lucy oh-so remembers the name the idiotic Jujutsu Sorcerer gave it.

Divergent Fist.

She remembers the light in Itadori's eyes shining in excitement.

Is his raw strength superhuman? Nanami wondered. His initial blow has very little cursed energy to it that it reaches 120% of an average sorcerer's power. The curse cried on the ground as it held the gaping hole in its chest. Then the real blow of cursed energy flows in. It must be unimaginably unpleasant for those struck by it. He looked at Lucy. I'm sure she's been struck by it the first time they've tried it but she seemed unscathed. Did he hold back or is there something about her we're missing? She's good, I'll give her that. But there's still room for the two of them to grow. If Itadori can learn to imbue 100% of his cursed energy into 100% of his martial arts...now I see why Gojo brought him to me.

She sighed before she walked away from Nanami and headed towards her curse, who was weakly trying to get up. "Let's just finish this and go home."

Lucy yanked one of her blades off of the curse and held it over her head. The curse looking up at her, the girl noticed the tears that streamed down its face as one hand reached toward her. She was about to slice the curse in half until she felt Nanami's hand on her shoulder.

"Hold on, Lucy," he said. He held his phone up. "You should take a look at this."

Lucy's brows furrowed when she saw the picture of the curse's arm. "It's a picture. What of it?"

"Curses don't show up on photos."

"If curses don't show up then what exactly are they?"