5│DON'T LEAVE ME DROWNIN' IN MY TEARS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ
ᴅʀᴏᴡɴɪɴ' ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ꒱

I'VE GOT LOVE ENOUGH FOR
TWO / BUT I'LL NEVER USE IT
IF I DON'T HAVE YOU
 ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

At the same moment that Klaus was questioning Five about his marital status, Dolores was pushing one of the rotating doors of Hotel Oblivion open. That, at least, had been the easiest of her uncle's riddles to answer: wherever the Hargreeves went, trouble was sure to follow. She strolled up to the check-in desk and dinged the bell. As she waited for an employee to appear, she took a sip from the fat straw that was stuck in her milkshake.

A wizened man with wispy, graying hair appeared moments later. For someone who acted as the face of the staff and dealt with people on a regular basis, he certainly had an unpleasant scowl on his face. It only adjusted into a slightly more pleasant look by the time he got to the desk. Dolores smiled despite his unwelcoming air. "I'd like a room, please."

With a faint grunt, he shuffled behind the lip of the desk before he placed a tented sign that read Cash up front onto the counter in front of her. She smiled agreeably and shifted the hat that she was carrying in her hand to under her arm. The brunette placed her milkshake on the surface in front of her and dug through the back pocket of her new dark-wash jeans. She pulled out a wad of folded bills and counted over a couple hundred— enough for several days since she didn't know how long they'd be staying here. The man eyed her money warily for a moment before he accepted it. After he handed her the set for her room, he wasted no time in picking up the leash that rested next to a silk cushion. Deciding that he'd enough care of this particular customer, he resumed his search for his missing dog.

Dolores shrugged off his eccentric behavior— she'd dealt with the Hargreeves, after all— and gathered up her things. She placed the hat on her head to free up her hands as she made her way over to the bar area. While she walked, she took another sip of her milkshake and began to swing her keyring in around on her finger in a jaunty manner.

She caught sight of the Hargreeves brothers almost immediately so she made a beeline for their high top. One seat was empty but the other three were occupied by Klaus, Luther and Five. Her husband looked to be on the verge of punching someone, so she did everyone a favor and drew their attention away from each other. "Hey, guys."

Almost in unison, their heads snapped towards her. Three pairs of eyes scanned her with varying degrees of suspicion with Klaus' being the least assuming. Luther's gaze caught on the items in her hands. "What do you have there?"

"A milkshake," she answered obliviously, and then she took an obnoxiously loud slurp of her drink.

"No, not that. Did you get yourself a room?"

"Oh, the keys." Dolores shrugged. "Yeah, I did."

"Where did you get the money for all of that? And are those new clothes, too?" He leaned forward to inspect her outfit.

"What is this, a crime scene investigation? I mean, you wouldn't be far off— I did break into my house to steal from my parents, but is it really against the law when it's your own family from another timeline?"

The man's eyes widened. "Yes, yes it is! You didn't leave any evidence, did you?"

Klaus, of course, had a completely different reaction. He gasped and clapped his hands together. "A woman after my own heart!" He beamed happily at her. "I'm proud to call you my sister-in-law."