10│THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ꒱

❝ I WAS GOING THROUGH
TEENAGE HORMONES! ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Luther and Diego laid the two teens down on the bed. The second they were released from the older Hargreeves' grasp, the two found each other again. Dolores wrapped her arms tightly around the boy as she curled up and relaxed against him. The brothers stared at the younger two, taking in how their brother subconsciously tucked Dolores' head underneath his. One of his hands cradled against her dark hair to protect her head while the other wrapped securely around her.

"I don't know how she stands him," Diego observed, "he's always such a prick."

"Well, their attitudes match perfectly," Luther said in an irritated tone.

His brother smirked. "You don't like her calling you out on your stupidity, do you?"

"They'll both be back to their normal, unpleasant selves in no time."

"Yeah, I can't wait that long. I need to find out what their connection is with these lunatics before someone else dies."

"All that stuff he was saying before. . . what d'you think he meant by that?"

Diego glanced up suddenly as noises from above caught his attention. Listening closely, they could hear footsteps approaching and the two brothers looked at each other. The dark-haired man pulled out one of the many knives he kept on his person. Creeping quietly towards the door, he cracked it slightly and took aim.

"You throw another one of those goddamn knives at me, I'm pressin' charges!" a man's voice complained.

"What do you want, Al?"

"I ain't your secretary," the older man said sternly.

"Yeah."

"Some lady called for you, said she needs your help."

"What lady?" Diego asked.

"I dunno. Some, uh, detective. I think she said her name was, uh, Blotch or somethin'."

"Patch?" Al gave a noncommittal shrug. "She needs your help. She needs you to meet her at a motel, that dump on Calhoun."

"When?" he demanded.

"About half an hour ago. Uh, said she found your brother and some wife."

The two Hargreeves looked at each other, then at Five and Dolores. "Well, that makes no sense," Diego said, and then realization hit them. "Klaus."

"Go, I'll wait here with—" Luther started, but his brother was already gone. Wife still didn't make sense, seeing as Five was the only married one— as strange as that was— and Dolores was right in front of him. She was no concern of his, though, so he quickly dismissed the thought.

✧✧✧

Five was the first to wake in the unfamiliar surroundings, the only thing he recognized being Dolores' comfortable weight against him. As he grew more aware of the setting, though, he noticed Luther's obnoxiously large frame pacing around the dingy room. The boy sat up slowly as to not wake his wife and carefully maneuvered her head so that it rested in his lap as he ran his fingers soothingly through her dark hair. Luther— unfortunately— noticed his movements and his attention snapped towards the bed.