You left to Mangalore for studies. But when I tried to reach you on your birthday your phone wasn't reachable. When I called Sachin, he told me you left to Sydney. I was shocked, pissed and angry. You lied to me Saanchi.

Your lie disturbed me, annoyed me, made me feel lonely. You were very casual about it when I called you. Later you completely dismissed yourself from my life Saanchi.

What was I supposed to think. All that time Sudeshna stood by m, understood me, was there for me. She let me come out of you but stupid heart fell in love with Sudeshna.

But looks like she didn't believe in me as much as I believed in our love. When you came to India for our wedding, she started behaving possessive and wierd. She wanted me to be with her always.

My parents didn't want me to marry a girl from another religion. Sudeshna wasn't a Hindu Punjabi. She was a Sikh. My parents thought it was not good for me to marry a woman from other religion but later I got to know my father wanted me to marry some rich businessman's daughter and I was pissed to the core. So much so that I ended up breaking ties with my family only to marry Sudeshna.

I don't know why even after so many hurdles she doubted my love for her. She was insecure of you but never in my life did I know she was the one who asked you to leave.

Sachin also stopped talking to me. I didn't dig it deeper because I knew Sachin had a big crush on Sudeshna. I had noticed his gaze on her so many times but now I know why he was pissed. Now I know why he doesn't like Sudeshna!!!' he said it all.

'I don't blame Sudeshna. She wasn't at fault. Any girl in her place would feel insecure...she just protected her little world!'

'How??? By seperating best friends???' he asked bitterly

I chuckled saying 'We were never just friends Nishchay. Frankly speaking our seperation happened for best. It was healthy that we remained friends and didn't turn into a mess! Nothing illegitimate happened!'

To which Nishchay raised an eyebrow saying 'I loved Sudha...I wouldn't do such a thing with you Saanchi..she must have trusted me! I know how to be a dedicated man in a marriage. I won't let a third person come in between. Never!!!' he said and I nodded.

Silence prevailed again.

'Why do you want to give this marriage a chance?' I asked and he looked at me and asked

'Do you need an honest answer?' he asked and I nodded.

'Well maybe because I have slowly started to open my heart for you again. I am not saying I have forgotten Sudeshna but you have slowly managed to make your own space in my heart Saanchi. I won't call it love. It's a big word but I really care for you. I dream about you. I worry about you above all...I can't see you without me or with someone else!
Call me possessive, selfish or old school. I don't like to see MINE with someone else!!!' he said leaving me speechless.

'But nevermind! Looks like you don't want to give it a chance. There is no force!!! This confession was much needed. It wasn't to embarrass or annoy you. It was to feel light. I was tired of this cat and mouse game. I was tired of typing and calling you and increasing our phone bill when we practically stay in the same house and different rooms. I wanted to get this off my chest. So don't overthink this.' saying he leaned more into the beanbag and continued gazing the stars.

Silence continued.

'You said you would never see me as a wife. I.....I was scared ok. What if you take away Kyra from me because you...you are a mental case. You flip more than the number of times I flip a dosa. You change colors faster than a chameleon Nishchay. And no for your stupid mind I can't loose Kyra. She's special. She's my life. I can live without every other luxury but not without her!'
saying I looked elsewhere.

'And who told you that I will seperate Kyra from you?' he said and I looked at him with teary eyes.

'Saanchi all I said was...accept us both. You took Kyra for your daughter now take me as your husband too. I genuinely want to give this a chance because I think there is hope for us.

You were my first crush Saanchi and it would be a lie if I say that I don't feel nothing for you.

I feel jealous when you are with Jassi. I get worried when I don't hear your voice. I get scared when you come home late. I didn't want to let you go to hospital even though you were a doctor and it was your duty because for the world you are yet another doctor but for me you were my Saanchi. My wife. I had this emptiness inside me which you have filled. You are healing me.

I like being close to you. I like to touch you. Stare at you. Dream dirty about you. Kiss you.

Above all I want to do things right Saanchi. I may have not given you those moments a girlfriend would get from her boyfriend...but I want to give you moments a husband would give his wife.

I want to pamper you. Do things for you. Make you feel special. Will you still not want to give this marriage a chance?' he asked and I was left speechless.

He stood up and said...
'No force Saanchi ...think over it...I will respect your every decision. But I promise if you give me a chance...I promise to make it up to you!!!' he said looking into my eyes and I bit my lower lip trying to hide my tears.

He blinked and left from there when I suddenly stopped him

'I would only give this relationship a chance if you don't play these stupid 20 questions ever again, and you promise to learn cooking good Biryani, Ohhhh and I want you to make me more Mirchi Pakodas and....I don't want you to ever use that stupid master key and enter my room! Ever!!!' I said and he turned around and narrowed his eyebrows and started walking towards me

'You mean my Biryani is bad?' he said taking slow predator steps towards me

'Its terrible!' saying I started walking backwards

'Oh please Kayu used to love it!' he continued walking closer

'Thats because my daughter never ate the real biryani. What I make is called Biryani. What you make is called Khichdi!!! saying I took a few more steps only for my back to hit the wall. I gulped.

'Accepted!!! Except for the last part!' he whispered

'Whhhhich part?" I whispered too

'I can't promise you that I won't enter your room! I love using the master key...it's more like Santa's gift. Everytime I am up for a bigger surprise. And everytime it progresses. I wonder what will I be up for the next time!' he whispered closer to my mouth and my breathing mellowed down. I closed my eyes as our mouths were closer to each other.

'Saanchi...did you not like that kiss we shared? Does our proximity make you uncomfortable?' he asked and I bit my lower lip and said

'No....It just....I ...get...scared! I don't know how to react around you...I turn a little nervous...a little shy...I feel immature...I....It's not like I don't want you to kiss me...I want it...I so want you to ki-'

And before I could complete that statement his lips moulded into mine.

And before I realised we both were eating each other's mouths.

This...was long awaited.