Late Night

(third person pov)

Kassie and Morgan walked up to where Spencer was making coffee, arguing about something.

"Easy there, tough guy", Morgan said to Spencer who was practically pouring all the sugar into his coffee. "Have some coffee with your sugar."

"I need something to wake me up", Spencer replied.

"Ooo, late night?", Morgan asked.

"Very", Spencer answered and Kassie looked up with wide eyes, choking on her water as it spluttered everywhere.

"My man", Morgan grinned.

"Not that kind of late night", Spencer smiled as he handed Kassie some tissues and patted her back gently as she coughed.

Morgan chuckled.

"Okay, so tell me, what does keep young Dr Reid awake at night?", he asked amusedly and Spencer lifted his mug of coffee to his lips and Morgan put his hand on Spencer's shoulder before standing infront of him and Kassie. "Wait, let me guess. Memorising some obscure textbook? No, no, no. Working on cold fusion?"

Spencer stared at Morgan, unamused, holding his coffee with one hand and using his other hand to rub circles on Kassie's back.

But Morgan continued to try and guess.

"No, I got it, I got it, I got it", he said. "Watching Star Trek and laughing about the physics mistakes."

Spencer shook his head with a small smile.

"Actually, there aren't that many scientific errors in Star Trek", he replied. "Especially considering how long ago it was made."

Morgan looked like he regretted so much of his life decisions as Spencer went on.

"There are certain probabilities but not that many outright errors."

There was silence and Kassie smirked, looking between a satisfied Spencer Reid and a confused Derek Morgan.

"Right", said Morgan after awhile.

Kassie smiled but saw Elle wave her over.

As she made her way over, Spencer's hand seemed to magnetically pull after her until she had walked past Derek and his arm dropped.

Spencer took this as his chance to talk to Morgan about something serious that he didn't want Kassie or anyone else to know.

The Nightmares.

It wasn't long before Kassie was back over but the energy had completely changed from when she had left.

"Hey, Hotch wants everybody in the round table room", said Elle as her and Kassie walked past them and up the steps before stopping half way.

Kassie and Elle swapped glances.

"Something up with you two?", Kassie asked.

"No", Spencer answered almost immediately and passed by her on the stairs.

Kassie looked after him with a confused expression before turning to Elle with an identical one but she just shrugged.

Elle went up next and then Morgan and then Kassie went last.

"Two bodies discovered in the woods, both with apparent blunt trauma to the head", said JJ as they all walked into the room.

"Skeletons?", Spencer asked.

"One of them", JJ answered. "The second victim was just killed this morning.

"How do we know there's a connection?", Elle asked.