Yoda

(third person pov)

Elle lured Richard (the UnSub) to the house across the street and that's where he was pinned down and put into handcuffs.

He was currently handcuffed to the table in his kitchen while his house was riddled with FBI agents, searching for Heather.

"There's no sign of the girl here", said Reid, walking into the hallway with Kassie.

"We can arrest him with probable cause, but we won't be able to hold him", said Kassie.

"Slessman has been at the top of the suspect list-"

"Is that the Mother?", Gideon asked, nodding his head to the old woman in the kitchen.

"Grandmother", Elle corrected, stepping infront of them. "The mother died in a fire when he was thirteen."

"Probably not the only fire in his childhood", said Gideon, leading the way into the sitting room.

"Before his Son of Sam murders, David Berkowitz set multidude fires", said Reid.

"Exactly how much is multitude?", Morgan asked.

"According to his diary, one thousand four hundred and..."

"Eighty-eight", Elle finished for him.

"Luring him out was your idea, right? Greenaway?", Gideon asked.

"Elle", she said. "I don't send a SWAT team into a house with children."

"Hotch says your background is in sex offender cases, what can you tell us?"

"The last four murders he's an anger-excitation rapist, he'll keep a victim for a couple of days and he probably records or videotapes them so that he can keep reliving the fantasy", Elle told them.

"You okay with Hotch being part of the interview?", Gideon asked her.

"I'd like him to lead, actually", she said.

"Fine, but hold off", said Gideon. "Slessmans done time and he knows the process and all you will get now is demand for a lawyer."

He left the room, calling Hotchs name.

"Hotch! Let's check the garage then show me what you've got."

"Next time, show a little leg", Morgan gave Elle his oh so wise advice before making his way up the stairs.

"Morgan the only leg you're gonna see from me is when I'm about to kick your ass", Elle said as her and Kassie followed him up, high fiving without breaking eye contact with him.

Morgan looked between the girls, looking intimated, before recollecting himself and saying, "I still teach hand-to-hand over at Quantico if you need a little brush up training."

Kassie rolled her eyes and went back down to Reid. Although it wasn't long until they were back up, in the attic this time.

-

Elle walked up the second staircase in the house to find Reid, Kassie and Gideon in the attic.

"What kind of game is this?", Elle asked, talking about the board they were all staring at.

"In China it's called Wei-Chi, here we call it Go", said Reid. "It's considered to be the most difficult board game ever conceived."

"Chairman Moa required his generals to learn it", said Gideon.

"It also looks like he's playing himself", Reid pointed out.

"How can you tell?", Kassie asked and Reid spun it as he started to explain.

Kassie barely understood half of it, but they did figure out what type of player Slessman is.

Extreme Aggressor.

-

Elle led the way to Morgan who was trying to figure out the password to Slessmans computer alongside two other agents.

"Okay, here we go", said Morgan and something came on the screen.

"What's the number at the bottom of the screen?", Elle asked.

"Number of password attempts before the program wipes the hard drive", Morgan answered.

"There could be an email or a journal inside the computer, something that tells us where Heather is", said Kassie. "Do you think you can break in?"

"In six tries?", Morgan asked uncertainly.

"'Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'", Gideon quoted someone.

"Samuel Beckett", said Reid.

"'Try not. Do or do not.'", Morgan retaliated with his own quote.

Gideon turned to Reid confusedly, not knowing who Morgan quoted.

"Yoda", Reid said simply.

Gideon nodded and turned to the bookshelf, taking out the one that caught his eye.

Journal of Applied Criminal Psychology.

He flicked through it and saw there was a cut out of the news article of the blast that killed six with featuring Gideon's picture.

"I want to talk to him", he decided and walked out before anyone could say otherwise.

Elle looked over to Kassie who shrugged.