Buck Barnes: Safe

It was exactly 2:00pm and Y/n was practically running from her desk through the hallways of shield to get to her meeting on time. She was an intern who did most of the logistics and number handling things with shield. She hardly ever talked to anyone unless she had to and she most definitely wasn't supposed to be talking to the avengers.

Everyday that they came in they walked past her desk since she was at the front near the entrance. She'd watch in amazement wishing that even just for a day she could be like one of them, but deep down she knew she wouldn't be able to handle something like that. She was more strong with numbers than her fists.

As she sped across the building she looked down at her papers in search of something, when all of a sudden she hit what felt like a brick wall. Her papers flew everywhere and she landed flat on her butt in the middle of the floor.

*Bucky's POV*

As I made my way to the exit of the shield building, I noticed a girl, maybe in her mid twenties, with dark voluminous curls that fell to the middle of her back, rich dark skin that glowed slightly from the sunlight through the windows, and glasses that barely fit her face properly yet somehow they still stayed on.

She seemed to be in quite a hurry and was digging through some papers and folders as she walked. I looked away for a split second and all of a sudden I felt the girl bump into me and when I looked back again she was on the floor along with all her papers.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry I didn't even see you!" She said as she rushed to pick everything up.

"No it's-its ok." I said hoping to ease her nerves, but it didn't work.

"Gosh I'm so sorry. And I'm so late and now all my papers are everywhere and I ran into you and I-"

"Ma'am, look it's really ok. You don't have to keep apologizing." I said with a smile.

She finally looked up at me and for a moment I was stunned. She was absolutely gorgeous, even more beautiful than she was from far away. I could now see the details of her face clearly and I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful person in my life.

She smiled shyly and quickly looked back down at her papers, grabbing the remaining ones off the floor and from me, rising to her feet again. She fixed her glasses and her shirt, brushing herself off.

"Thank you." She whispered. "I uh- I have to go. Bye." She waved before rushing off again.

I admired her as she walked away and got into the elevator, checking her watch once again. It was only then that I realized I'd forgotten to get her name.

*timeskip*

Ever since that day when I bumped into that girl I couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't stop thinking about how breathtakingly gorgeous she was and how she seemingly had no idea. Everyday that I'd come to shield I would purposely walk in the same way I did that day, hoping I'd accidentally see her again, but I never did.

It's been two weeks since that day and I've got no luck. I should've gotten her name.

"Bucky!" Steve said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I didn't even realize I was day dreaming.

"You're thinking about her again aren't you?" He smirked. I shouldn't have told him. He is so nosey.

"What makes you think that?"