Smitten

Dumb

Dumb.

I am purely, utterly and thoroughly DUMB!

How did I not notice the similarities? No wonder I felt as if I had seen those eyes somewhere else. She had the same green that her brother had. I had successfully saved the princess of Seandra without realising who she was. I mean, I would have still saved her life and would have treated her with the same compassion if I would have known her identity. But I would have probably refrained from proposing to be her friend if she ever needed an ear. I would have surely refrained from sitting and talking to her for the past 4 hours!

The dire situation I had placed myself in foolishly became crystal clear to me once Prince Lucian stepped into the scene, carrying a freaking gun in his hands. He was a darling of the royal gossip magazines, but none of the covers did justice to his beauty, to be honest. But I know that behind this angelic face, there hid a devil. I hadn't met him in person ever, so I wasn't scared of revealing my true identity, but I can only imagine what will happen if grandpa gets to know that I met the crown prince of an enemy nation. Technically, Seandra and Oceana weren't sworn enemies but there had always been a spark of discord between the two kingdoms.

I myself had deepened the discord by rejecting an invitation to a crucial diplomatic visit to Seandra. Some of my special informers had informed me that the King of Seandra was planning to propose an arranged marriage between me and his son, to my grandfather in the guise of the diplomatic mission. I was of course against the very idea of becoming a political pawn. I was not going to bow down to some old king and become his daughter-in-law and stand as the prized possession of the Royal family of Seandra, I was the Crown princess of the strongest kingdom of the world. I was going to show these misogynistic patriarchs that a queen can rule her kingdom powerfully. So, I did what I thought would be right, I had sent a beautiful hand written letter which, in a very polished and posh language, said— "Fudge off".

And now the same prince of Seandra was standing in front of me. And he had the audacity to say "Do you want me to shoot her in the head?" Like, dude, you might be a prince and a mafia king but you did not just threaten to shoot me! But I decided to keep quiet and just observe his actions. So, even though I was burning on the inside with anger, I kept up an expressionless mask.

I was well aware of the fact that he was staring at me, probably wondering how a girl can stand nonchalantly in front of a loaded gun. But I was not going to make my situation worse by acting like I was scared. I am a bad actor and I am never scared of guns. I have survived too many assassination attempts to be afraid of guns anymore. So, I just stare back at him.

But in spite of trying to hold myself back with all my strength, I lost it when he was about to hit his own sister, who had just attempted to end her own life. That is not how you treat a survivor. How can someone be so insensitive? My hands were itching to slap his perfect face and I couldn't control my mouth before blurting out – "You were about to hit your sister, who just informed you that she has survived her worst. Are you crazy or are you dumb?"

God, I know that I should not have done it. This man is not going take it lightly. But do I care? No, I don't. So, I do what would irk him even more, without a single word directed towards him, I look at Evelyn and smile and leave the place with a ferocious speed. I am surprised that no one tried to stop me. Maybe because they did not expect a shorty like me to walk out on the face of their boss!

After a minute of walking straight out of the park and turning left towards the boundary line, I notice Tiana leaning casually on one of the bushes, one of the special Oceanian 2943 sniper shooter folding gun in her hand. So it turns out that all this time she had a clear view of whatever the hell happened, and she also had gun pointed directly at Prince Lucian's head. How convenient!

I just give her an incredulous look and move on to her car which was now standing by the road. She must have had someone bring it here, that crazy girl.

We got into the car and the first thing Tiana said was: "He is smitten, I saw it in his eyes and he is surely coming back for you!"

He wouldn't really search for me, right? And even if he does, he must never get to know of my identity, otherwise, I am doomed. I have a feeling that either he will possess me and my powers or I will kill him. That man gets on my nerves.