For a moment, Josh stopped dead from whatever note-making he was doing. His blue eyes fixated behind me.

"Mellon, I thought we were talking." Will's voice echoed in my ears.

I turned around to look at him. How much had he heard? Josh gave me a sympathetic look.

"In my office! Now!"He said and walked away.

I followed him straight out, stopping for a second to catch my breath. Why do I always have to let him intimidate me? I wish I could resign, but then I would just die bankrupt. I didn't knock and sprung open the door that closed behind me.

"Mr. Turner, you asked for me?" I said, pretending to be oblivious.

I put on my best smile. I was hoping Will would forget what he listened back there.

"You know your sharp tongue can land you in trouble?" He said blankly.

"I am sorry," I said, almost as if it were a habit to apologize to him now and then.

Why am I always goofed up around his jerk-ass self?

"You don't work half bad, and therefore I would like you to manage the 'Creative Development' Team. The thirty manuscripts you have produced in such a short time are exemplary."

"But Josh- I mean, Mr.Harris is in-charge of the Creative Dev Team. I can't go in and manage that..."

"I don't like to repeat myself. I run Bexley's, and my decisions are not entitled to change per your cordial relations with your potential love interests, Mellon. These are Chair's orders!" He smiled slyly.

My eyes went wide. The boomers approved of me! Gosh, something good was happening. 

Or so I thought.

"Will, please try to understand that it might complications, as the clients had joined in because of Mr.Harris. I can't drop in out of anywhere. It will be hard to convince them." I said, thinking about Josh.

Not only was he already involved with someone from the office, but getting his position will only mean a further drift! What if he takes me as nothing but competition at the workplace? That would only mean kissing the idea of dating goodbye.

"Leave it all up to me, Mellon...and call me Mr. Turner. I won't tolerate casualty in business hours."

Okay, so he doesn't remember a thing from his drunk files of life. Understandable. I didn't want more threats from him anyways.

"Of course, Mr. Turner." I let out a sigh.

"Help me with the presentation while you are at it. Include a few statistical insights I have brought into the PowerPoint and don't leave my office till I tell you otherwise." He motioned me to the opposite end of his desk.

I was wondering if I could go and have a little chat with Josh before anything happens, but it seemed like the odds were against it.

"Sure thing," I said reluctantly.

I knew his secret aim in life was to make my time at Bexley's miserable, bucketlist followed or not. I had left my cellphone on my desk, and there was no way to tell Josh about the change in plans. If he comes to know about it, maybe he would be hurt. He worked so hard on it. The data looked like lengthy figures from a crucial census survey. I wasn't sure if the demography Will had drawn out the stats around was our targeted one. I did what he told me to, and five minutes before the presentation, he told me to escort him out.

The elevator took us to the 112th floor. Bexley's presentation room was an entire floor at Trivia. It was more of an auditorium but only a bit better than that. I looked like a misfit beside a strong-willed, cruel, and heartless CEO. He looked like he could take down cities with a stare, while I looked more like someone slapped awake on a Sunday morning - cowardly, reluctant, and nervous.

I had been to meetings before, but never had I ever been the one in charge of a team, or was about to be appointed as one.

All eyes rested on us as we made it along the aisle. Josh sat on the opposite end of the table. I wanted to get a seat beside him when Tyranny Turner got a hold of me and told me to sit beside him. His fingers went on to hold my hand, and I couldn't help but look into his eyes. His grip turned stronger, and he whispered in my ear-

"Calm down. Things will be fine, Eva." His voice had a raspy touch to it.

I felt my core tighten. A spray of warmth spread across me. My breath was a bit unhinged, and my eyes dreamy. Was it just me, Will was trying to be motivating once in this lifetime?Is he for real'?

The meeting commenced.