Dowsing rods

Dowsing is a type of divination in attempt to locate ground water,buried metals or ores,gemstones,oil,gravesites, and earth vibrations. Among many other things without the use of a scientific devices. Some people also use it to try and tell where ghosts are. Dowsing rods are L-shaped that you hold in each hand parallel to each other. Some people say that they have to be made out of certain materials like copper and others disagree, that's up for you to decide. When dowsing some ask the rods to help or ask the god or goddess. You hold the rods away from your body and walk slowly you can walk in a pattern or let your instinct guide you as you walk think about what you want to find concentrate on your goal. When the rod starts to cross it means what your looking for is near. When you feel like your in the right spot its time to stop and check to see if your right. If you feel like your not finding anything take a break. come back another day or another time of day and try again it takes practice. Some people have better with one set of rods than another and some may use pendulums instead.

Also fun fact I just figured this out but in that scene in coraline where she gets that stick and finds the well she was dowsing which idk about you but I think that's pretty cool.