Chapter 24: Drama

It has been two days since Felix received the news that he was pregnant. At first, he was shocked, even if he knew beforehand that the possibility of him getting pregnant was very big, now that it actually happened, he still couldn't believe it.

The news of the pregnancy quickly spread. Mostly because Mother Rosie had told her good friends, Aunty Vilma and Aunty Susan, so almost everyone on Moon Village knew that the youngest of the White family was expecting.

Of course, a lot of people congratulate Felix and Fang Yu for the good news. But even so, there were still some villagers that were commenting how they were having a child when they weren't even married. 

Obviously, Felix didn't take the matter seriously, if they wanted to gossip about his private life, let them. Even in modern times, there were people who didn't like the view of pregnancy before marriage. So the point of view of those people was normal for Felix.

But his family, on the other hand, weren't so much calmer about the matter. Especially Miles, if he heard someone badmouthing his little brother, he snapped instantly.

Fang Yu was very happy too. Of course, he was fascinated with the news of Felix's pregnancy, but he still didn't like how some villagers were criticizing Felix. After all, he would have married Felix months ago if it weren't for Father Lewis' big sum for the dowry.

Thankfully, Father Lewis was much calmer now, than when he first discovered the affair between Fang Yu and Felix. And with the gossip in town, he decided to lower the amount to a rational price.

Mother Rosie and Anne, who were at home with little Iris, decided to plan Felix's wedding, so they could get married as fast as possible.

Meanwhile, Felix still works at the bakery.

Even after Fang Yu protests, in the end he couldn't convince Felix to stay at home.

So now, Henry and Felix were working in the kitchen doing the desserts as always. Felix says that he still wasn't in the phase of pregnancy that prevented him from working yet.

In the middle of January, there was still snow on the roads, but with the coming of spring next month, it didn't fall so hard anymore. But the hot beverages were still very popular.

Fang Yu entered the kitchen where Felix and Henry were working, the smell of new bread being made was full in the air. And thanks to the oven being constantly used, the cold winter air was practically non-existent.

“The hot chocolate and lemon tea are over again.” Fang Yu said.

“So soon? Damn, these people really like it, huh?” Henry commented. This was the third time that the hot chocolate and lemon tea had run out today, and there was still more time left before the closing.

“Don't worry, I already prepared more.” Said Felix as he pointed to the pans on the table.

“Don't overwork yourself.” 

“I don't. I'm fine.” Ever since the announcement of his pregnancy, Fang Yu had treated him like a piece of glass. To touch it, thinking that he may break with the minimum action. He had felt very warm and thought is was lovely how Fang Yu cared so much for him, but after some days that Fang Yu practically never let him do anything for himself, it was starting to get a little annoying. 

Felix and Fang Yo went out to the kitchen to put more hot chocolate in the containers. 

The front of the shop was lively as always, the customers kept coming. The word that a new bakery had opened and had very delicious pastries quickly went around Turtle Town.