"Huh?" I'm confused. I can't believe he didn't fight me harder. Something is not right; Beau would never allow me to go out like this.

"Come on, honey. The party can't start without us," Beau says, holding the car door open for me. I glance at him and try to figure out why he gave in so quickly, but his face gives away nothing. He definitely wouldn't tell me if I asked.

Giving up, I release a deep sigh before getting into the car. Beau slides in after me, and once he's settled, the driver pulls the car out of my family's driveway. Beau leans over and whispers deadly words into my ear.

"You will wish you had listened to me and didn't wear this dress by the time I am done with you tonight, Cher." He nibbles my ear before taking his mouth away.

A cold shiver runs down my spine as his words sink in. He called me 'Cher.' Beau is from Texas, but his mother is Cajun French, so he learned the term from her and used to call me that when we were together. But he hasn't' called me that once since walking back into my life. Why did he suddenly use it tonight?

A sinking feeling takes over as I begin to realize my plan might be backfiring What could Beau be playing at? Turning to stare at him, I notice the smirk on his face has never looked bigger. I move away from him, feeling a little scared. I don't have a single clue about what his words could mean, which terrifies me.

***

After a few minutes of driving, the car arrives at the venue. I grab Beau's outstretched hand and step out. The thought to refuse his help occurred to me but I changed my mind. Beau puts his hand on my exposed back and walks us to the hotel entrance.

"Your skin feels so smooth, my love," he whispers.

I roll my eyes at him. "Your hand is supposed to be on my waist, not my upper back."

"I know, but I want to feel your skin under my fingertips." He caresses my spine. A shiver passes through my body as my gaze locks with his. Those gray eyes light up, and I try my best to ignore the feeling of his hand on my skin. I roll my eyes at him once again in an attempt to show him he doesn't affect me.

Once inside, Beau and I walk around and thank people for coming. A few minutes later, I excuse myself and find Camila so I can do the same with her. Camila is my partner after all, so it's only proper we thank people for coming together. Also, I'd never met the people Beau and I spoke with. I want to talk with people I actually know.

Before dinner commences, Beau, Camilla, and I all give a speech. After I finish speaking, I walk back to my assigned table consisting of Beau, Camila, Danny, Tamara, a beautiful blonde woman I don't know, and the devil himself—Harvey. Beau must have invited him. I take my seat beside Beau, and as he watches a performer on the stage, I tug his arm to bring his ear down to mouth level.

"How could you have invited Harvey without telling me?" I demand through gritted teeth.

"I didn't know I had to go through my guest list with you."

"You didn't think it would be wise to inform me he was coming?"

"Delilah, it's been seven years. I am sure Tamara can sit at the same table as Harvey.

"Easy for you to say, since you are a devil, too," I huff, annoyed at Harvey's mere presence.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Beau seems hurt by my words. Why should he be hurt by them? It's the truth; he and his cousin are both the devil incarnate. What they did to Tamara and me was so heartbreaking. I'm surprised I can even sit beside him and not be planning his death a hundred times over.

"What it implies." I respond before turning my attention back to the stage.

***

A few minutes into the party, I stand up from my seat to head to the bathroom. Nature calls. I don't take more than a step away from my chair before Beau grabs my hand.