The Massacre [Pt. 2]

Start from the beginning

A subtle sound of slowing boots suddenly echoed from beyond my line of sight, drawing my attention to a surviving INGEN soldier staring directly at me. I whirled about to focus on him, a soft growl escaping my lips once scent and sight found a match. Upon a minute of silence, his eyes darted down to a gun lying on the floor, then back at me. Just the same, I followed, instantly realizing what he was planning.

No... I shook my head, a warning growl starting to collect in my throat. Don't do it.

He didn't care. The man dove right for the gun just as I began to run, each step sending a tremor through the earth and into his bones. Just as he lifted the gun to shoot, my jaws stabbed into the silver metal of his gun, wedging the morsel between my teeth, and slamming my prey to the floor.

BANG!

I flinched from the first shot, the bullet ripping a hole in a methane gas pipe next to us. I growled, attempting to claw at the human, but his every shift in stance allowed more time to breathe, and to fight.

Submit! I snarled, the innocence within beginning to slip away. Rrr... Stop fighting!

The person beneath me squirmed, before a sudden jolt and a punch followed, scoring on my underbelly and winning a pained gasp from my throat. Before long, the man back-kicked my skull from his hold, rolling back for distance. And, with nowhere to go, I ignored all logic, and charged head-on into the soldier. My claws unsheathed-

BANG!

"AGH!"

A single swipe ripped the gun from his claws, and a second slashed through his neck, tossing him head-over-heels into the ground, an instant kill. Another splatter of blood squirted on my face, but I didn't savor the success of my kill. I whimpered, slumping into the wall next to me as another wave of pain burned against my underbelly.

Shot again.

My body began to tremble. Two bullets... I thought, eying the oozing flesh. I've had worse odds. But I don't feel like my old self -- the assassin that Click saw me to be. I felt weaker... slower...

Pained.

My ancestors weren't that way. They thrived in the heat of a fight. They took on bullets as if they were nothing but needles to the flesh... hunting on, fighting on.

Why can't I? What am I holding back?

A rush of feet suddenly caught me off guard, and, without thought, I lunged forward, slamming another soldier to the ground. Before a second could follow, a tail whip propelled the male, like a ragdoll, into a wall, before crashing to the ground. The soldier below me let out one terrible scream before I stabbed his abdomen, silencing him for eternity. And, with his body, I snagged onto his limp leg, and threw him into a third incoming horde, knocking them down like bowling pins.

They're vengeful, I panted, jaws agape of drool and blood. They won't stop coming because of what happened. Not until I'm dead.

Where's Blink-?!

All of a sudden my body jolted, an explosion of flesh rocketing right off of my flank. A violent screech left my jaws before a fourth bullet struck my lower calf, cutting my cry short and knocking me into the pool of the massacred humans.

Rrr... My leg...

"Keep it coming!" I heard a voice echo from afar. "It has nowhere to go."

I growled softly, peering through my bloodied left eye to a shadow approaching from my left. Pushing upright, I lunged right, avoiding another potential bullet, gathered a severed limb of the fallen in my jaws, and tossed it at the human. Too busy reacting, I bolted to his flailing body and sank my jaws straight through his heart. With a satisfied crunch to end him, I only had a moment to turn before a fifth bullet whirled by from the opposite direction, stabbing right into my hip bone.