60 - Borrowed Time

Start from the beginning

"I'm meet you guys at the hospital." She muttered to him, bringing her hand up to her face to wipe away the tears that managed to escape her eyes. "I'm taking my lot home." She added, keeping him updated. Steve squeezed her shoulder gently before releasing her from his hold.

Harlow walked into the room where they were leaving all their stuff. She leaned against the door frame, watching as the boys packed their stuff together in silence. "I'll be home soon." She broke the silence, she wouldn't dare promise anything or give exact dates. She knew better than that.

"How are we getting home?" Peter asked, he had his case already closed and held in his hand.

"There a floo station nearby." Harlow replied, walking into the room. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked around herself. "I'm sorry for how this weekend has turned out." She apologised, her vulnerability clear as day.

The boys stopped their packing, all of them collectively looking over to her. "It's not your fault." Sirius stated, "It's a shame it's ending quickly but we've still had a lot of fun." He assured the girl, shooting her a soft smile.

"Yeah." Peter mumbled in agreement, patting his suitcase. "I met the Steve Rogers and Tony Stark. I can die satisfied now!" He quipped, grinning to himself.

Harlow raised an eyebrow as a chuckle tumbled out of her lips. "Wow, low aims." She retorted cheekily, teasing her friend

James scoffed loudly, puffing out an excessive amount of air. "For everyday people that certainly isn't a likely thing to happen." He corrected her.

"Yeah well none of us are exactly everyday people." Harlow pointed out, a small smirk rising on her lips as she managed to always have some type of speedy response.

Chatting to the boys helped clear her mind. They were great distractions and even better people. Despite what had gone down between the group, they were finally mending themselves back to a good and stable place.

Remus was helping Sirius fit his excessive amount of wizarding hair products back in his case. Weeks ago, Remus couldn't even stand being near Sirius, feeling enough rage to act out and possibly kill him whenever Sirius was in his presence.

"You're gonna be safe though, right?" Sirius cut through her thoughts, a surprisingly strong look of concern on his face. But everyone just brushed it off as him caring about his friend.

"Yeah no exploding or consuming a nuke?" James added, half joking but also half being serious. While he wanted to keep the conversation light, given something depressing happened moments before. James always found it hard to sit by while others are dealing with something. Which was why it took every bone in his body not to intervene when all the shit went down between two of his best friends.

But, this situation wasn't as simple. James was certain there was nothing he could say or do that would make Harlow feel better. Nothing apart from going back to Hogwarts to alleviate one of her worries.

"Ready?"

It was yet another silent walk between the five of them as Harlow led them through the streets. The air was chilling, sending a shock down Harlow's spine. She cursed herself in her mind for not getting changed. The black dress had made the chase hard and now it just felt like a dead weight.

"He's going to live." Harlow randomly uttered, after ten minutes of come okey silence, catching the boys attention. They had been watching their feet as they walked, with nothing else to do.

"Huh?"

"Fury's gonna live." She stated again, briefly looking over her shoulder at them. "He's strong and will probably live forever." She chuckled softly, trying to be light hearted before getting to the point she wanted to make. "So, you didn't watch someone die in front of you."