36 - Black Ball

{CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX}
"Wow, your mum is a bitch."

(Really bad at explaining outfits so what I picture for Harlow is up above 👆👆👆)

The Black's yearly Christmas ball was extravagant to say the least. The large house, would be decorated by some of the most expensive items anyone had ever come across, purely just to show off.

The decoration of the house started on Christmas Eve to give them enough time to set up. What seemed like millions of House-Elves would be forced to get the house ready, cleaning every square inch of it.

The Black parents would accept nothing short of perfection. Which included their two sons. Sirius and Regulus were expected to behave perfectly and look perfect. Their idea of perfect anyway.

And Harlow knew this, so she knew she had to look perfect too, to blend in and look out for the boys.

She was very inexperienced in the whole making yourself look pretty with makeup or hairstyles. She had no knowledge on makeup and only a small amount on hair, or better yet how to tie it up for a fight. That was it.

Harlow's jaw clenched, her hands grabbed at her hair as she let out a loud puff of air through her nose. "Fuck this!" She cursed aggressively, throwing her brush at the wall of her old room.

Not being able to sit still any longer, Harlow marched through the house, pacing throughout the rooms as she shook her head.

The house was suitable for Harlow growing up. It wasn't extravagant in anyway, just a simple house in the middle of nowhere.

It had three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and a dining room. The rooms were pretty bland. Simple beige colours on top of beige furniture. It certainly wasn't the prettiest thing to look at. But it did it's job.

Harlow had only been back to the house for a very short period of time before returning to school. It took her a very long time to travel from Russia to back home by foot. Nearly thirty days. Obviously she had to sneak her way onto a ferry to cross the sea. But apart from that it was all on foot.

Harlow hadn't thought to make any changes to the place. She never planned on staying in the house that long considering her schooling at Hogwarts.

But now as Harlow looked around in her rage, she felt disgusted by the place. The walls held lies from her childhood and her life. They were stained with the distrust she now had towards her supposed parents. And overall the house was filled with mystery and secrets.

A popping noise, brought Harlow out of her misery, and caused her to become on edge.

The door to the house opened as Harlow grabbed a gun she had taped to the underside of the table.