46 - Faux Emergency

{CHAPTER FORTY-SIX}
"Top secret work and all."

^^pick of outfit above^^

Harlow was making a break for it. She wanted, no needed, to see her Cheshire and her Princess Merida.

It had just been too long a wait.

During Harlow's time when she was with them, they never actually had time. Harlow was busy being and Avenger and avenging and then she came close to death, so that threw a spanner in the works.

It was strange to Harlow how quickly she grew comfortable with the two of them and the rest of the Avengers. The marauder boys spent months trying to get Harlow to not ignore or glare at them.

It just clicked with Jasmine and Finnic.

Jasmine and Harlow have their special connection. Both of them mutants. Ever since Harlow met Jasmine she had this devouring and consuming need to protect her. The need to save her from the darkness of the world and prevent her from suffering anymore than she already had.

Harlow felt similarly to the Marauders. There was an instinctual mode of protection.

Finnic was slightly different, along with the Avengers. While she still felt the need to protect them, she also knew they could protect themselves. She saw Finnic as more than a sparring partner. Harlow saw him as a close friend, something she tried to prevent from the start.

But let's be real, she didn't try that hard.

It didn't matter that the trio had no time previously. They had time now.

Harlow had thrown on her school uniform with even less care than usual, as she did so a small smirk resting on her lips. She needed her plan to go well, it would lower any suspicions the boys could have and keep Dumbledore in the unknown.

Where he deserves to be.

Harlow left her room to join the boys in the common room. Usually on mornings when Harlow and Remus didn't study in the library, they would wait for each other on the comfy couches.

Harlow was the first one there. An instance that happens a lot. Remus slowly walked down the stairs, beginning to look a bit sickly once again. Harlow forced her face to stay neutral, to not show the sympathy she felt for the boy. She honestly couldn't imagine what it was like turning into a werewolf and being left by yourself to deal with it.

It was evidence that the world is cruel. Giving out punishments and affliction to those who didn't deserve the burden.

"Morning." Remus grumbled under his breath as he ran his hand through his messy hair. He flipped down onto the couch when he was close enough and let out a relived sigh, feeling better lying down rather than standing.