Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Unexpected Map Selection

The Capital E-sports Center was a large venue with upper and lower floors that could accommodate hundreds of thousands of spectators. In previous years, the A-grade League finals were held here. Of course, there weren’t as many spectators for the Rising Star Cup and the competition venue was only open on the first floor.

The coaching staff from the national team came to the field ahead of schedule after having lunch.

This was the second time that Jiang Shaoyu had come to the Capital E-sports Center.

Looking at the familiar double story stadium in front of him, Jiang Shaoyu remembered the scene when he took the ACE team to the finals. He was only 18 years old and as he walked into the stadium with his teammates, he was surrounded by the deafening screams of fans.

In the blink of an eye, five years had passed.

Today, he returned to this arena as the coach of the national team.

Jiang Shaoyu stopped at the door for a moment. Back then, he walked in here with his teammates with the spirit of a last-ditch battle. Then ACE won the finals, creating the legendary story of a grassroots team defeating a giant club.

Today, he came here with the idea of selecting potential seeds to witness the birth of a new generation of e-sports players.

Among them was Pei Feng, the apprentice he personally trained.

He believed there were many talented newcomers in China who would go from this arena to the world.

The group came to the front row of guest seats and sat down.

At 1:30 p.m., the audience successively entered the venue. Pei Feng had many fans and the influence of big streamers really couldn’t be underestimated. Lin Hai’s cheering group was also very large. They even specially made glow sticks, posters, avatars and other support items. To Jiang Shaoyu’s surprise, there was another player who had many fans. They held a huge poster with the colorful words: ‘Flowers are free to fly. The pollen will always be with you.’

It was really flashy.

Jiang Shaoyu couldn’t help wondering, “Whose fans are these?”

Qin Bo had already checked the finalists thoroughly. He heard this and said, “This contestant is the leader of the large players’ union, the ‘Iron Blood Legion’ in the online game. The audience members holding the poster should be members of the Iron Blood Legion.”

Jiang Shaoyu raised an eyebrow. “The Iron Blood Legion?”

Why did it sound like a strong chuunibyou disease?

Qin Bo added, “It is the one you paid attention to before, the one who played in a special manner.”

Jiang Shaoyu nodded. He really did have an impression of the ID [Hua Hua Da Shao]. His current win rate was 100% and he liked to use throwing weapons. He liked the stream of consciousness game style and bombarded people wildly. He could actually win all the way to the final round… it was interesting.

Jiang Shaoyu retracted his gaze from the audience. He picked up the tablet and looked down to continue the analysis that Qin Bo had handed him.

At this time, the lounge in the backstage area.

A middle-aged man wearing a mask was whispering to Lin Hai, “Fred is best at long distance sniping. Don’t fight him head on. You have an advantage in melee combat. The finals are seven rounds and it is a best of four system. We have two chances to choose a map. If we win on the home map then we just need to win one or two random maps to stabilize.