◦༻ 31...We All Know How The Game Ends

Start from the beginning

There was his A-Y/n. He was just hiding, like a cat retracting it's claws.

"My A-Y/n, you know how this game ends, we both do." Jun Wu cooed tenderly as he reached up for Y/n's face, trying to touch it and trace it. Y/n slapped his hand away and slammed his head against the cold floor.

Jun Wu remained a little shocked for a moment.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERYTHING HURT SO FUCKING BAD? WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!" Y/n screamed at the top of his lungs, constantly slamming Jun Wu's head into the ground.

A sharp line of red spat out across the floor.

Y/n froze. He watched the blood flow and his eyes went wide, his whole body fell limp, he didn't mean- no he didn't mean for it to go this far. He didn't mean it, he didn't mean it, he didn't mean it, he didn't-

Warm tears fell down on Jun Wu's face as the hands around his neck loosened and eventually fell.

"My A-Y/n, you hurt me, don't throw little fits like this."

Jun Wu wasn't hurt, no, Y/n hadn't used any of his power: only mortal strength. But, watching Y/n drown in guilt was the best outcome of this whole process, watching him curl up and draw back his claws.

Jun Wu leaned upwards and took his trembling A-Y/n into his arms, petting his head and talking to him in a soft voice.

Y/n would never win this game.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

The sun slowly rose over the temple, tripping through the windows and reaching for anything it could catch on. Y/n cracked open his eyes with great difficulty, it had been two weeks now, and he was already back to square one.

He was practically equal to when he first came to TGCF if not weaker, and that hurt. Everything still hurt no matter how much medicine Jun Wu gave to him. Talking was a challenge now, his throat always felt on fire and like it was about to close up whenever he tried to use his words.

What hurt worse was that no one had found him yet. That feeling of emptiness that dawned over Y/n when the sun rose every goddamned morning, the feeling that the only face he was able to see was Jun Wu's.

Even if someone tried to save him, Jun Wu  would deal with them, and Y/n knew that. He heard the threats Jun Wu made when he got angry, and he knew they weren't something to pass off as fake.

"My A-Y/n," Jun Wu whispered as he knelt down next to Y/n's limp body, he was still chained to the pillar, despite not being able to move anyway.

"Don't..."

"Hmm?"

"Don't call me that..please.." Y/n croaked as he looked over to Jun Wu, eyes dropping and lips trembling.

"My A-Y/n, it's the least you can do for me, letting me call you like that. It's an endearment," Jun Wu chuckled.

"Exactly, I don't want you calling me like that." Y/n whispered, Jun Wu's face darkened.

"My A-Y/n, let me have this one thing."

"You have me, not just one thing- I just don't want to be called-"

"My A-Y/n, stop being like this and shut your mouth for the rest of the day. I don't want you talking to me," Jun Wu said, growing frustrated.