Chapter 29: Man, who knew...

Today was going to be a great day as classes are cut shorter and it's a nice rainy day as today is the day of first Quidditch match, my first Quidditch match. Gryffindor v. Hufflepuff.

I decided to go with a combination of both houses-mostly Gryffindor to support the boys- for my look today. With a mustard color turtle neck, paired with a pair of high-waisted black jeans, my Mary-Jane pumps adorned with thick, white frilly socks, and my Gryffindor scarf and robe, to keep myself from getting soaked.

I probably looked a bit weird as I had a "G" and "H" painted on either cheek with their colors but I am a Hufflepuff by nature so I still got to represent- even if I want Gryffindor to kick their ass. I already know how this match plays out with Hufflepuff winning but I'm hoping maybe- somehow, something might change. 

I mean, I won't be surprised that a few things might change here and there because I am not supposed to be here really. So, I guess we'll see what happens today.

I hop down the set of marble-moving stairs as I head out to the field. I agreed to meet Hermione, Ron, and Ginny at the stands- they got there earlier to get good seats for us all. I was almost at the Gryffindor stand when I spotted a figure walking towards me.

I turn to make eye contact with a yellow-clad Cedric Diggory, feeling a bit confused as he stops a few feet away before he speaks.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Delgado." His head tilted slightly to his right, a smile on his lips.

"Uh, hello Diggory." I greeted awkwardly.

"Excited for the match?" his tone softer as he probably noticed my slight uneasiness.

"Yep, it should be fun." I nod, a small smile forming.

"Yes it should," he pauses. "Uh, shouldn't you be going the other way?" he points across to the tall yellow skyscraper.

The tall yellow tower filled with rows of benches being filled by anxious students, that lays across from the burgundy one I'm standing next to.

"Oh, no why would-" I trail off from him motioning to my cheek.

"You are going for Hufflepuff aren't you?" He shuffled forward a bit while I was busy touching my cheek.

"Oh, well I am but I am also supporting Gryffindor as well, see?"" I turn my head so he can see the other side of my face.

He nods his head slowly in an understanding way, "Ah I see, my bad I didn't notice that one."

"'S fine." I shrug, turning to go up the stairs as I assumed that's the end of our conversation.

"So, I'm guessing you wouldn't, maybe, change your mind if I ask you to sit at the Hufflepuff side and... wear one of my jerseys for good luck?"

I turn around abruptly, trying to process if I heard him right. My brows furrowed in confusion at his request as we haven't even hung out before and the fact that it should be obvious by now to everyone that Fred and I have been dating for a while.

"Bloody hell she won't!"

I cringe at the tone of Weasley's voice as he stalks over towards us, covered in his Quidditch gear. I suck in a breath at the fury written all over the boy's pale face, knowing instantly that this isn't going to end well.

"Well I don't see why not. I mean 's not like she's wearing yours." Cedric shrugged with a small smirk.

"Alright guys, why don't we just relax." I interject, getting anxious as I move to stand in-between them so they don't try anything.

"I don't see how that's any of your damn business, Diggory." Fred sneers yet he stays exactly in his spot.

"Fred." I looked up at him, my hand still pressed against his chest, "why don't you go back to the locker room with the team. I got this." I try to assure him.