38: Control

I was curled up in one of the leather armchairs trying to thumb through a book that Sophie insisted I read when Dmitri finally found his way back up to his suite for the night. I was expecting a punishment or two tonight for, hopefully, giving Candy a black eye earlier. I had already figured out what his reasons would be. It would either be for losing my temper, not letting him deal with her, or for putting myself in danger. I ignored him as he looked me over, pretending to still be reading as I sat there in the silky midnight blue shorts and cami set. I even moved deliberately slow to lick my thumb and turn the page.

He gave me a thoughtful look, shrugging out of the suit jacket and folding it over his arm. "Hmm..." his voice rumbling in a deep timber that sent little sparks dancing over my skin. I smiled, but kept my eyes on the book. He walked away though the rooms out of my sight. My heart did a little flip in my chest, anticipating what new ways he'd find to torment and pleasure me with tonight.

I was quickly disappointed when he returned in a pair of pajama pants and a file full of paperwork. Without a word he sat on the other end of the couch, resting one leg over the other knee. He didn't even look at me, flipping the file open and reading the pages inside.

I snapped my book closed with an audible thud, "You're not going to punish me?"

He looked at me over the top of the folder, "Do you want to be punished?" There was no smile on his lips, but I could hear one in his voice. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you liked being spanked, or maybe you were hoping to be tied down?" His eyebrow lifted in my direction.

"You didn't seem to need them last night," I shrugged, pushing my shoulders forward as I did to make my chest shift with the movement. "What is your deal with all the ropes, spankings and all that other stuff?" I really wanted to know why he'd seemed to delight in tormenting me this whole time.

"Power and control," was all he said, turning a page.

"So," I struggled to find the right question, "You just want control of me?"

He swallowed hard and stared into space as if deciding on the answer, "Yes," he nodded, "but also no."

"Would it kill you to make sense, for just five minutes?" I sighed heavily.

"It's not about taking control from you, not exactly," he lowered the file in his hand to look at me straight on. "It's about you submitting control to me. And about being the one to control the narrative, knowing each sound you make is because of me, for me."

I sat back, "That doesn't really explain why you'd put me over your knee like you do."

He smiled, "Doesn't it?" I frowned and shook my head, it didn't. "Everything has consequences; punishments are just another form of control, another sensation to make you feel." I frowned again. "Tell me, why does it make you so wet?" he arched an eyebrow at me, with a seductive grin, "and why you seemed to be anticipating it?"

I didn't have an answer for him, because I didn't have an answer for myself. Even now, the thought of being pulled over his lap while he spanked me sent a tingling sensation through me to my core. A corner of his mouth quirked up in a half smile, as if he knew what I was thinking. "That's not what happened last night," I pointed out.

"Maybe it's time for another lesson," he smiled setting the folder on the end table. He stood up, holding out a hand to me. I little bit of panic raced through me. I was still sore, and unsure I wanted to know what he had in mind. "Come on Princess, I think you'll like this one." I let him help me up and lead me into the office.