Chapter 21: Detention

Začít od začátku

"If you have something to say, spit it out. If you so much as have nothing to say then I must be the adult to remind you that staring, Miss Delgado, is in fact rude." His voice is coming across cold- yet there's a tinge of softness I can detect in it.

I am not all that surprised as he has been less harsh on me than any other Gryffindor student besides his precious Slytherins since that day he tried giving me detention after my bickering with Malfoy in the Great Hall.

I look up to see the two troublesome Weasley's that put me here, slowly creep in- not sure if they were more afraid of Snape or me- and sitting down in a seat when Snape sent a glare their way for just standing at the doorway.

"As you are aware, for the reasoning behind you three being here-"

"Umm," I raise my hand slightly. "I actually don't know why I'm here. I didn't even do anything besides, unfortunately, befriending that one," pointing to George who sat on my left. "and falling for that one." pointing to Fred who is on my right.

"I would appreciate it if you don't interrupt me again, Miss Delgado..." sending a small glare my way. "alas, I understand that you have no reason being here but believe it or not. I brought you here to help contain those two... creatures of mischief." His voice dripped with the same monotonous and disdain.

"Fair enough." I grumble, shrugging my shoulders.

"So as I was explaining, before I was interrupted by an unneeded explanatory of befriending a Weasley and being seduced by the other..." He huffs.

I feel my face heat up at his words, peeking a glance at Fred to see him smirking down at me with a small blush covering his own face.

"You two," he motions to the twins. "will be cleaning the cauldrons spotless. And I mean spotlessly clean, by the time I come back for lunch to release you heathens." He turns to me and pauses as if he was thinking of what to make me do.

"You, Miss Delgado, will clean off the board of today's lessons and will copy the new one's for next lesson. Once that is finished, you are to remain seated here," he points to his desk behind him. "and to make sure those two don't cause any more than an ounce of damage to my classroom." With those instructions he turns on his heels and walks out, heading to Godric knows where.

"What! Why does she get the easy job?!" George whines as Snape continues to walk out of sight.

"Well, George Fabian Weasley. I wasn't the one who decided to cast a floating spell in Snape's classroom, which in turn, made a whole class of first years to flip their lids." I remark, turning around and heading over to the board to start my role I was assigned.

I hear Fred snicker before a 'whack' and small groan is heard. No doubt, from George hitting him upside the head. I shake my head as I dig around the desk for Snape's Potions book to begin writing down tomorrow's lesson.

After a while, I peek up at Fred from my place hovering over the desk to see him already staring. We continue the staring contest for a while till I motion him over discreetly- as George has his head deep in a cauldron- he slyly walks over as if not to cause attention to himself. Once he's standing before me he slowly reaches for my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles as he smiles softly down at me.

"You know, I'm still a bit mad at you." I mumble, playfully glaring at him.

"I know angel," he brings my hand up to his lips, kissing it gently. "I am sorry that you had to be dragged into this."

"Mhm, well you weren't exactly sorry when you decided to just pick me up like a rag doll and drag me with you idiots."

I smiled at his confused expression from my use of 'rag doll,' but I didn't feel like explaining what that was to him at the moment so I kept quiet.