Twenty one

The day of the ball arrived and with it, the arrival of some new guests.

It would not be long before everyone was at the palace with their respective partners. This was something that was a common occurrence, it didn't take much time for them to get together and become a proper couple.

Wooyoung was seated in front of the mirror, getting all dolled up.

He really didn't get why he had to look so extraordinary when it's not even his birthday.
He supposed being the Emperor's son-in-law meant he had to dress up nicely, he had to act like one.

As the stylist finished placing some pins in his hair and applying a streak of glitter on his eyelids, he heard the door open suddenly and saw San's reflection in the mirror staring back at him.

Wooyoung was momentarily starstruck. San looked even more stunning if that was even possible but he would rather die than admit it, of course.

His hair was styled neatly, his makeup expertly applied, and his shirt fitted perfectly to showcase his chest. Wooyoung had to remind himself that he did not have any reason to look this good.

"Are you done?" San asked impatiently. "Everyone is waiting for us."

There he was. The irritating prick.

"Almost." He said curtly and stayed still for the stylist to do some final touch ups. She finally nodded in satisfaction and stepped back to admire her piece of art.

Wooyoung had to admit he looked quite amazing. Although the ruffled shirt was a bit loose, hanging low over his chest, the threads keeping the fabric together did nothing to cover his collarbones and a bit of his toned chest.

He caught San's reflection in the mirror staring at what looked like Wooyoung's chest. His gaze almost darkened for a millisecond that Wooyoung wasn't sure if it was just his imagination or something else.

When his met San's eyes, they were on him, looking as dark and intense as they usually are but Wooyoung could feel something else that swimmed in the other's eyes. He wasn't sure what that was but it was enough to make goosebumps erupt all over his skin.

The older's gaze stripped him bare, made him vulnerable, exposed in his skin and flesh so much that he had no doubt San would be able to see right through him.
To know that Wooyoung has been hiding from San, keeping things bottled up and refusing to let any of them out, made Wooyoung want to break down.

He quickly looked away, unable hold the intense stare.

"I am ready. Let us go." He said almost in a whisper. Without sparing him a second glance, San turned on his heels and walked outside. Wooyoung followed behind him closely.

San extended his hand towards Wooyoung.

Wooyoung slowly placed his hands in San's bigger ones and tried not to think about how perfectly their hands fit together like two missing pieces of a puzzle. They looked like they had been carved from the same piece after all.

The two princes walked down the grand staircase and all the attention was diverted toward the young royal couple.

Wooyoung felt extremely uncomfortable, especially when he noticed everyone whispering amongst themselves.

He glanced at San for help but he just stared straight ahead as if nothing was wrong. It was then that Wooyoung finally realized what was happening. San was playing his role as well. His heart began beating loudly against his chest. He didn't know if it was just nerves or excitement that made him feel this way. Maybe both, he thought to himself.

Wooyoung shook his head slightly trying to clear those thoughts away.
He turned his gaze back to the floor so he wouldn't have to deal with all the eyes on him.