XVI. Confession

That was the moment that I understood everything

That was the moment that I understood everything. I have been selfish with the person that I truly love. I can't push him away again, he's suffering and it's because of me, maybe this time will be different, this time...

"I'm just Jisoo" I answered his question with glossy eyes "and I'm sorry about everything, the things I did to you, the things I said to you, I'm sorry" I said to him rubbing my eyes "I never thought you'll be feeling this way" my tears started to flow on my face

He looked surprised, of course, he's surprised I wasn't talking to his present self, my words were for his past self. Even if he doesn't know what I'm talking about I needed to apologize to him, I needed to cry my heart out.

"Hey, calm down it's not a big deal" Taehyung said wiping my tears "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you"
I was sobbing nonstop, unable to say a word but suddenly a shy streak of lightning lit up the music room.
Taehyung hugged me tight as the rain started to pour "It looks like the sky it's crying with you" he said whispering "I'm sorry, please don't cry"

I was blushing and I hid my face on his chest. I wasn't crying because of his words earlier it was because I remembered all our story and how I ruined everything.

I hope that his soul can hear my words and forgives me.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"It looks like the rain will not stop" I said to Taehyung from the window "And it's already late" I mumbled
"You're in this situation because of me I'm sorry" he replied to me
"I already told you it's not your fault" I smiled at him coming closer "I think we should go"
"But it's raining"
"Your apartment it's near, right?" I asked him looking straight into his eyes "if we run fast we can make it"
"My apartment?" He said surprised and I can see how his ears turned red
"Yes! Otherwise, we will die from hunger or cold" I replied going to the door "Let's go!"

We ran pretty fast until we make it to his apartment. It was fifteen minutes away from college.

"I'm not used to having guests" Taehyung said while picking up some clothes off the floor "I'll get you a towel, just give me a minute"

His apartment it's small and cozy. The truth was that I told him to come here just because of his own sake. I don't need food or warm blankets to keep myself alive but humans are different.

I walked through the living room and I saw a picture of a family. Taehyung looks younger, a small smile appeared on my face "You're not an orphan anymore, huh?"

"Here it is" he came with a towel, a sweater, and a blanket "You shouldn't see that" he said while he took away the frame from my hands
"You look cute" I said mocking him
"Change your clothes or you'll catch a cold" he replied to me with a sweet voice
"Thank you" I smiled and went to the restroom

I felt the smell of home cooking while I came back from the restroom.
"Thank you for the clothes" I said looking for Taehyung "They're a quite big for me tho" I keep talking until I ended up in the kitchen "I already talked with Joseph I mean, my uncle, he knows I'm here" finally I found him putting the plates on the table "That looks good"
"Oh, I made us dinner I hope you don't mind" he said smiling
"It looks delicious" I said taking a seat
"Let's eat" he said sitting in front of me, this sight was familiar it reminded me how we used to have breakfast together everyday at the palace "It's still raining... I think... you should..." he said interrupting my thoughts
"Sleep here?" I completed his sentence since he was a nervous mess
"Yes! I mean, don't get me wrong... it's just that it's not safe out here" he mumbled
"Okay I'll spend the night here" he was surprised with my answer but smiled ear to ear.

We finished eating, I was washing the dishes since Taehyung went to his bedroom to get everything I needed to sleep comfortable, that was what he said.

"Taehyung I'm done " I said but I had no answer "Do you need help?" I started to look for him "I can sleep on your sofa you don't have to worry" I ended up in front of a small room "I thought you lived alone" I talked to myself as I opened the door, my eyes widened when I saw what was in the other side.

Paintings, a lot of paintings. It looks like he paints something every day. I was amused and started to admire every piece.

"He's really talented" I said with a soft voice
"Do you think so?" Taehyung appeared from nowhere and scared me to death
"You scared me!" I said facing him, I didn't know he was close to me "but yes, you're talented" I completed the sentence hiding my blushing face
"Everything it's ready, we should go to sleep" he said leading me to his room "I'll sleep on the sofa, you can sleep here"
"That's not fair" I said to him "let's sleep together"
He was surprised, I didn't realize that I picked the wrong words
"Don't look at me like that! Sleep just sleep!" I replied nervously
He started to laugh and answered me "I didn't think anything else"

Both went to bed and started to talk nonstop. He talked about his family, it turns out he's an only child, how he started to paint, his favorite food and the countries he had visited but finally, he was asleep.

"Jisoo, I want to know everything about you" he said with a sleepy voice "I think I like you" he murmured the last part, and just like that fell sleep

I wasn't surprised, I knew it from the beginning, but what I didn't know earlier was something else.

"I think I like you too, Taehyung"