IV. Friends

"You saw me last night, right?"

'It wasn't a dream' All the rumors are true. A different kind of human existence is real. They're immortal, powerful, sinister, evil. She's like that. She's one of them.

Time suddenly stopped I had a heavy feeling in my stomach 'I'm dead' her voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Don't worry I will not hurt you" she paused "But I need to know if I can trust you" concluded looking straight into my eyes
I couldn't say a word I feel like a frog about to be swallowed by a snake. I stood up and pushed my chair.

"Taehyung," she said coming closer "I want to be your friend"
With a shaky voice, I yelled at her "Stay away!" She was surprised by my reaction but without hesitation, she answered me "Taehyung... you can go to your hometown if you want to I'm not stopping you" she took a deep breath "It's normal if you think that I'm a monster but I'm harmless"
She lovingly caressed my cheek. Her eyes showed sorrow and sadness.

This small act calmed my heart. She has been kind since I got here but she's...

"You asked me if you can trust me" I said putting my hand over hers "But... Can I trust you?" I asked her
She blinked twice but replied fast "You can trust me with your whole heart" she smiled at me so brightly.

And at that moment I realized she has been alone all her life. No one knows her secret because if they knew they would run away just like I wanted to do seconds ago. But she wanted me to know about it, she wanted to try regardless of the result. 'Maybe I can bring her a little bit of joy and happiness'

"Then... let's be friends, Jisoo" I said to her with a big smile. She brought me to her embrace I didn't know how to respond to that. I awkwardly placed my arms around her waist, she's so small and fragile. A few minutes passed 'What if someone sees us like this?'

"Ma'am I can't breath" I said clearing my throat "I'm sorry" she replied "But I feel really happy"

"I'm sorry" she replied "But I feel really happy"

She was close to me, too close. I can feel my blood going to my ears 'I have never been this close to a woman' At this point, I can't hide the redness of my face. Jisoo noticed this.

"You're cute" she mumbled "Taehyung let's finish breakfast"

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

A few weeks have passed. Every morning we have breakfast together she loves to hear my stories. How I stole food and almost got caught or how the nuns of the orphanage scolded me to death. But she never talks about her. I don't know anything about her.

"Taehyung?" She asked confused by my silence
"Jisoo, Can I ask you something?" I muttered
"Of course" she said
"Well... I don't anything about you and..." I cut my words as I see her serious face "I'm sorry just forget it"
"It's okay" she continued "I don't have a family and I have lived in this palace all my life"

A deep silence filled the room. It was obvious that she doesn't want to talk about herself. 'I'm so stupid'

"My life it's not excited like yours" she said faking a smile
'My life? Exciting?' I tilted my head like a confused puppy "But your life can be exciting too" her eyes widen as she didn't understand my language "I don't..." I interrupted whatever she was going to say
"Just... you never leave your room, you only watch the world from your window but there's so much out there I can show you" I grabbed her hand wrapping my fingers around "Please, let me show you" I said smiling at her.

She returned my smile. It was one of the few peaceful moments that I've ever had in my life. But then reality hit me

"I'm sorry" I said letting go of her hand
"Don't worry" she said. She's calm every time. But on the other hand, I'm falling... I'm falling so hard.

"Let's go outside" she said as she turned her heels towards the door
"Outside? Now?" I replied confused
"Yes! You told me you'll show me the world"

We walked around the halls, going downstairs. I can hear the maids of the palace whispering they seem surprised to see Lady Jisoo out of her room.
We finally arrived at the main garden. The sunrises kissed Jisoo's skin 'she looks even more beautiful'

But something is wrong she looks exhausted.

"Lady Jisoo, is it something wrong?" I asked her with a worried tone
"I'm okay" she said almost breathless
"You don't look okay" suddenly she fell on the floor I was panicking calling her name but she didn't respond
"Jisoo!" A familiar voice yelled, "What did you do?" He screamed at me
"I-I didn't... Mr. Park" My hands were shaking 'Is she okay?'

Mr. Park carried Jisoo in his arms. He and Mr. Williams went to Jisoo's room. I ran after them and waited outside. Seconds, Minutes, Hours, and nothing. 'This is all my fault' I was already on the verge of crying but the noise of the door opening helped me go back to my senses.

"Mr. Williams is Lady Jisoo okay?" Like a storm, Mr. Park grabbed my collar and pinned me on the wall
"This is all your fault fucking peasant" His eyes glow with anger
"Mr. Park" Mr. Williams interrupted "This is unacceptable behavior, Lady Jisoo decided to go outside by herself"

Mr. Park let it go and glared at me before leaving.
I was trying so hard to catch my breath 'He's right, this is all my fault'

"Young man you should go too" Mr. Williams looked at me "I'll take care of Lady Jisoo"
"But..." I muttered
"This is not your fault go and rest" he said firmly

I took a deep breath and turned my heels towards my cabin. I don't understand at all what just happened.

Will she be okay?