003

Saturday, finally. Saturdays are the day I nominated to take a look around my new 'home'. "Where are you off?" My brother questions me, having an over protective, older brother, who for some reason still lives with us isn't the best thing ever. "I'm off for a walk." I reply, before I can reach the door my brother takes it up on himself to ask another question. "Who with?" Dylan questions. "No one okay. Can I go now?" I say annoyed, Dylan shoots me a look.

I decided to take a walk on the beach, but keep to the path. There's a few people dotted here and there, all of them smiling. I reach a wall. So I sit on it, and watch the waves go by. Until I get distracted by someone, there's a boy who looks about the same age as me. He has blonde hair, fairly tall, but from where I am I can't make out what colour his eyes are. I decided to smile, and receive one back. He makes his way to me, and luckily for me he joins me on the wall. "Hey, Brooks." He introduces himself, "Ruth, it's nice to meet you." Green. He has green eyes, not a surprise most blonde people do. I have green eyes, my brother has blonde hair and has green eyes. Most blonde people have green eyes, or blue. Most probably have blue actually. "So are you new to the area?" Brooks asks me, he's probably the first person to ask me this question, with out calling me the new kid. "Yeah I am." I answer him.

"What school do you go too, I'm aware it's a weird question but just want to see if your schools any good a hockey." Brooks laughs, is everyone obsessed with hockey here? "I go to Huxley, I don't know if they're good but they seem it." I tell Brooks, he doesn't seem to take the news well. "I go to Westwood." He sighs.

"You sound disappointed and I don't know why. I'm sorry I'm knew to all this hockey stuff." I tell Brooks, hoping to shed some light. "Huxley are the best ice hockey team, but so are Westwood. Meaning they're rivals, meaning being friends wouldn't be the best." Brooks also sheds some light, "well I don't like hockey so I couldn't care less." I say.

"How can you not like hockey?" He questions.

"How can everyone like hockey?" I question.

"So I'm guessing you play hockey?" I ask Brooks. "Yeah, in the captain for my team." I've met to captains this week, one's been the cockiest person I've ever met about it, the other doesn't seem to care. "Where'd you move from?" Brooks asks me.

Finally, a normal conversation.

"New York, before New York was California, before that was Utah. If I'm being completely honest the list is endless." I tell him, he looks at my shocked.

"I don't even think I've been on holiday to that many places, why do you move so much?" Brooks says, picking up a stone and throws it into the sea. "My dad's in the army he gets relocated a lot, when he moves so do we." I copy Brooks and through a stone into the sea, causing him to smile at me. "We?" He comments.

"Me, my dad and my brother." I look down at my hands, and notice I'm fiddling with them. I try to stop by throwing another rock, I realise I've just told a total stranger my mom doesn't live with us. "No mom ,hey? I don't live with my dad." Brooks let's me in, I suddenly I get the feeling Brooks is going to be an amazing friend. "How come?" I ask him hoping to no make him go off talking to me.

"I've go to go sorry, I hope to see you again though." Brooks says walking.

Great. Fucking great. I messed up a conversation like I always do.

Wanna hang out at my house? - Maddie

Yeah, I'll be round in ten - Me

I jump onto Maddie's bed making her scream, "you're so over dramatic." I joke, making her through a pillow at me.

"So any news?" Maddie asks me. I sit next to her, and place the pillow that was thrown at me over her head.

"Yeah there is actually," I begin, "I met a boy."

"You met a boy!" Maddie scoffs. This bitch. "What's so surprising about that?" I question.

"Nothing." She answers, "so are you going to tell me about him or what?"

"Well his name is Brooks," and before I can even continue Maddie interrupts me. "Brooks? Let me guess blonde hair, green eyes, quiet tall?"

"Yeah, why you know him?" I ask hoping he's no another one of her crushes. "Yeah I know him. You know he goes to Westwood right?" Here we go. "Yeah I know, and I am aware of the rivalry. But why should that stop me?"

"Did he tell you his name?" There's no way she's being serious. "Obviously, I told you!" I say.

Maddie continues with her questions, "what about his last name?"

"No he didn't but it wasn't relevant." I answer her.

"His full name is Brooks Matthews." Maddie tells me.

What did that have to do with anything? "Wait." I realise, "Matthews? Like Beckham Matthews?"

"Yes!"

"So they're brothers?" I guess.

"Twins."

A/n- sorry this chapter is short, please vote :)