Chapter 8

Keith stared at his new fangs in the mirror. "No... why now. How am I supposed to hide these..." He also noticed as he talked, he now had a slight lisp when it came to his 'S's.

He carefully brought a hand up to feel his new teeth. However, he winced when after poking one with his thumb, he immediately broke skin.

"I'm a monster..." he slid down to the ground and fumbled around in his pocket for his communicator. Ever since he discovered his increased strength; he had begun to carry his communicator around with him all the time just in case. He didn't want to be in a situation in which he really needed to talk to Kolivan but wasn't able to.

As soon as Kolivan took in his tear-streaked face, he knew there had been another change. "What happened now?" Keith carefully opened his mouth, as tears continued to trickle past his lips. "Oh my..."

"What do I do..." he still wasn't used to how he sounded trying to talk around these things. It's like his tongue didn't have any room to move. "I... how do I hide these from my friends?"

"You still haven't told them?" he asked sadly.

"I can't!" he pleaded, "Look at me! I'm a monster!"

"You are not a monster, Keith." He assured. "You are just gaining the traits that are recognizable to your Galra heritage."

"I'm not Galra!" he yelled, thankful for the fact that he could hear that everyone was still at breakfast. "I am a human! I grew up on Earth, on a farm, with my wonderful, amazing, funny, human dad! And when he died... I was put into foster care, before going to live with Shiro and Adam. What part of that, sounds like I'm Galra?!"

Kolivan sighed, "I know you are upset, Keith, but you need to calm down and listen to me."

Keith did as he said, hanging on to his every word as tears continued to drip down his face.

"I know, that this must be extremely hard for you." He began. "Your entire world has been rocked in the span of a few months. And I know that you fear what your friends will think of you once they find out. But I am telling you this right now, and I'm sorry if it comes out blunt, but it will be easier for you and for them if you tell them while you still look as human as possible. I know this is not what you want to hear, but to be frank, I have no idea how far these changes will go. It is a real possibility that you come out of this looking more Galra than human." Keith began to cry even more.

"I am so sorry so, I just want to brace you for that possibility." He continued, "If you tell your friends now, then they will have longer to accept they knew you before the changes continue. I urge you, tell them, so they can support you while you need it most."

He sadly shook his head, "I can't..."

Kolivan looked at him sadly, "I understand. Let me know if there is anything else I can do." Keith nodded, before hanging up.

He stood back up and went over to the mirror. Opening his mouth around his friends was not an option if he wanted to keep them in the dark. If he wanted to talk to them... he couldn't...

Tears started to drip down his face again. He hated having to do this. But... it was worth it if it could keep them from hating him...

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you like it so far! Happy Pride! When I say Vol, you say...)