Chapter Six

We pull up at the boxing place and we all get out of the limo. Axel leads the way inside the building and we follow him in, i walk so close to Marcus that our arms touch and I can sense how tense he is it's driving me crazy. "Alright so you have to sign a contract that you will never speak about what you saw today and if you do we will kill you without hesitation" Axel says "Oh that's nice" I say sarcastically, he passes me a pen and paper and I hesitate to sign it I could just run out the door right now but then I remember Axels words ringing in my head so I pick up the pen and sign my signature.

"Good girl, Marcus will take you downstairs you will be staying tonight while we deal with the cops" says Axel "Um when can I go back home?" I ask "Hopefully tomorrow" He replies and I nod. Marcus takes my hand and takes me downstairs and there is a hallway with lots of rooms and we walk to the end and go in the last door. There is a double bed, tv, wardrobe and a bedside table it is a decent size room.

"Are you alright?" I ask Marcus and he smiles "I'm great, just worried about you I'm sorry for all this by the way" he says "Don't apologise Marcus I'm the one who followed you this isn't your fault, I'm sorry that I put you at risk but please tell me what all this is?" I ask. "We'll to sum it up I assassinate people for Axel and this boxing place is just a cover he trains us for the skills we need and in exchange he puts a roof over my head and gives me money" Says Marcus "Wow okay I wasn't expecting that at all, are you being serious and what do you mean by we?" I say confused "I'm being serious and by we I mean me and the other boys there is a group of us" He says.

I sit down on the bed and put my head in my hands "That's so messed up Marcus" I say trying to make sense of his situation, Marcus sits down next to me and says "I know but I have to do it to survive" "Why Ryan what does he have to do with this?" I ask "It's kinda complicated but that's a story for another time I don't want to stress you out even more" He says.

We sit in silence for a few minutes lost in our thoughts. I really like Marcus a lot but the fact that I shouldn't like him or get involved makes me want him even more and it drives both of us crazy.

I look at Marcus who is still lost in his thoughts he must have felt me staring at him because he looks at me and we slowly lean towards each other, I pause before our lips touch and stare him in the eyes then our lips collide. I put my hand on his thigh and he holds my face this kiss felt different it was more emotional almost like it was bonding us together. The kiss gets more intense we both fall back and he sits on top of me he starts kissing my neck which will definitely leave marks and he grabs my waist but then he stops and looks around "What?" I say  "shhh" he replies putting a finger to my mouth to keep me quiet.

I was confused but then I heard slashing noises coming from outside. Marcus gets up and goes to open the door "What are you doing? Don't open it" I quickly say "It's probably just a test" he replies and opens the door. He peers out to see what is going on and I go over and stand behind him we both stand out in the hallway and exchange looks. "We both heard that right?" I say "yeah" he says then we both notice a blood trail Marcus takes the lead and we both follow it. "It stops here at the library" Marcus says while putting his head against the door trying to hear something "There is noise inside but it's locked" He says, so he takes a few steps back runs up and kicks the door open.