Best friends for life.

I opened my eyes, but it was still black. What was happening? "Y/N?!" It was Gobber yelling at me. I tried to move but my arms were restricted. Slowly the slight started to creep in.

The dragon had caught me in her wings... she saved my life.
"Y/n!" Hiccup yelled out, pulling me up and giving me a huge hug. "I'm okay, Hic." I said as I hugged him back. "You scared the life out of me!" He said, punching me gently on the arm. "Sorry!" I replied giggling slightly.

"You okay, lassie?" Asked Gobber. "I'm fine." I replied shooting him a smile. "You got yourself a dragon?" He asked, looking surprised. "No. Maybe. I don't know." I replied not really sure how to feel. "Ah, okay, I see." He replied smiling at me before walking away.

The dragon that had saved my life was staring at me. I put my hand out to her nose and she nuzzled it before snuggling into my arm. "Y/n, I think you got yourself a dragon." Hiccup laughed. "What? I-" I wasn't sure what to say.

As if reading my thoughts the dragon rolled over and showed me her belly. In that moment, all the fears I had ever had towards dragons had melted away. I knelt down at her stomach and began scratching it. I must have hit the right spot because her leg started twitching. She was adorable.

I could feel Hiccup still looking at me. Maybe he was right. Maybe it was time to get myself a dragon and get over my fears once and for all.

"Y/n?" Hiccup asked after a moment of silence. "Okay." I replied. "Okay?" Hiccup asked, confused. "Okay." I repeated. "I'll keep her."

"Really?!" Hiccup said, shocked. "Yes. I need to get over my fear." I replied, still scratching at her belly. "That's great Y/n!" Hiccup said, hugging me from behind.

After a while the dragon got up and stared at me. I looked deep into her eyes and it felt like I had already fallen in love with her. "Let's get back to the house." Hiccup said, helping me off of the floor.

As we were walking back, the dragon following along behind, Hiccup asked me "So, what are you going to name her?" "I'm not sure..." I replied, watching the dragon wondering behind me.

We made it back to the house and as we did, Toothless and my new dragon had began to play. "I think they like each other." Hiccup said, laughing slightly. "Yeah." I replied laughing too. By this point it had gotten dark. "They'll be okay out here together." Hiccup said as he held the door open for me.

We walked inside and made our way into my room. I flopped down on my bed, exhausted from the day. "We should get some sleep." Hiccup said. "Goodnight m'lady." He kissed me gently. "Night." I replied.

As soon as he had left I got undressed and into bed. I had a dragon. Wow.

The next morning I was woken by banging on the roof. I pulled my boots on and made my way outside. Toothless was jumping on the roof, causing my dragon to follow suit.

"Alright, alright bud." Hiccup said, coming out of the house and rubbing his eyes. "Good morning." I said, making him jump slightly. "You're awake? That's a first." He said laughing slightly. I jabbed him in the ribs before he kissed me.

"Well, I should take mister grumpy out for a ride." "Okay, I'll see you when you get back." I replied smiling. "Come with me." He asked. "You can bring no name. It will be nice for you to ride her." I wasn't sure and hesitated before the dragon gave me the puppy dog eyes. "Okay."

I hopped on her and we took off. I could tell she was being gentle as to make me comfortable. This made me smile. "What do you think?" Hiccup asked from my left. "This feels amazing!" I shouted back. "I told you you'd love it!" "She's being so gentle!" I said. "Hey! That's an idea!" He replied. "What?" I asked confused. "For a name! Gentleflier!"

After a while of flying we landed on a high rock for a breather.

"That was amazing." I said, petting her on the nose after I had hopped down. Hiccup didn't say anything, he just smiled happily. He sat down against a tree and I sat next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I nestled into his side.

After a while of just relaxing in silence he said "I love you Y/n. So much." This made me blush and feel all warm inside. "I love you too Hic." I said and put a small kiss on his lips.

As we watched the horizon I suddenly realised the truth. I was finally truly happy. I was sitting with a dragon which I thought would never happen but I'm so glad I have her. I finally felt safe. I was laying under a tree, cuddling with the best boyfriend in the world. I had the most amazing adoptive father and friends that adored me. This is it. This is what it meant to be alive. To be truly alive.

A/N - I know I haven't written this for a while! I'm sorry! I've been working on another book. It's called "as worlds collide" it's a rdr2 fanfic. Feel free to check it out if it's something you're interested in totally okay if not because I know it's not everyone's thing. I don't think there will be many more chapters of this book because it's almost finished. But stay tuned for the last few chapters because it's not finished yet. :) again I'm sorry for the break, thank you for having patience. <3