04 | Chapter Four

MASON HAD MADE a wrong assumption

MASON HAD MADE a wrong assumption. Blake didn't want an update on his music progress. In fact, their manager seemed almost distracted when the four members strode into the room. They were precisely on schedule; not a minute too soon and not a minute later.

A towel sat cozily around Mason's neck, soaking up the residual water dripping from his hair though a few still occasionally snuck their way past, dribbling down to his tee.

Blake had already seen himself in. Seated at the table, the brusque male with broad shoulders and an austere face framing his golden eyes had never suited his role as a manager more.

Not for the first time in three years since he had signed them, Mason wondered if he ever wore anything other than formal garments. He was beginning to doubt he ever did.

"Morning, Blake." Mason greeted first, followed by similar acknowledgements from the rest of the band members.

"Morning Mason, Xander, Kayden, Noah." Blake nodded his head at each of the members respectfully. His hands were clasped together, a single ring adorning his fourth finger — though Mason knew it was mainly for appearances to ward off any unwanted propositions. If there was anyone Blake was married to, it was his work.

Blake himself had been a musician previously but that had been a short-lived career. He quickly switched into the managerial aspect of things after realising he was far more adept at the latter than the former.

Before founding Chaos Ensues, he managed other small artists but none of them were ever able to break the global charts or make any big waves in the industry. Discovering the boys during a summer solstice concert had changed that — it had been his big break.

The boys had been fourteen then, but young age was little of a deterrent for Blake. Sensing the inherent aptitude the four boys possessed, he persuaded their parents to allow him reign of their future careers, whipping them into shape before finally debuting them at seventeen.

Attempting to decipher his expression, Mason couldn't deduce from it any probable reason why he had called the surprise meeting based off of the impassive expression on his face. Nothing about his appearance revealed anything out of the ordinary for him to poke and inspect to uncover the ambiguity either.

Each of them took a respective seat around the circular marble table. Blake frowned disapprovingly at Noah who was spinning in his chair gleefully. If it weren't for the concrete evidence that was his birth certificate, none of the members would have genuinely believed that Noah was twenty at all.

"You wanted to meet with us?" He initiated the discussion.

"Yes, it's about the world tour. I have new updates to share with you all."

Blake took a deep breath before continuing. "Foressa Leighanna Tan is to join us."

Noah stopped spinning his chair abruptly. Coldness seeped its way into Mason's fingers as a discomforting silence settled over the group.