Iron [Dean Winchester x Reader]

Season 10 Spoilers Beyond the Line

=========================================

"Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away

where innocence is burned in flames.

A million mile from home, I'm walking ahead,

I'm frozen to the bones, I am

a soldier on my own, I don't know the way.

I'm riding up the heights of shame.

I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest

I'm ready for the fight

and fate."

"Sam, we gotta find a cure for the mark. We have to. Dean just- He wants to give up!"

"[Y/N], you think I don't know that?! He's my brother. I don't want him to die! I've seen him die too many times," Sam hissed. His face relaxed and he frowned as he pulled you into a hug. "I'm sorry. I really am. I'm as stressed about this as you are." You nodded into his chest.

"I just want our Dean back."

"Everyone wants him back."

"The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head,

the thunder of the drums dictates,

the rhythm off the falls to number of deaths,

the rising of the heights ahead."

"We should stop talking about this, Dean should be here any minute now," Sam said, pulling away from you. He looked into your eyes, and you looked into his. You both shared the same look of bitterness mixed with sadness. "I might bring up the topic after we eat... I want you to back me if we talk, okay? He listens to you more than he listens to me, nowadays." You nodded and plastered on a fake smile as Dean walked through the door, holding fast food bags.

"Hey, there's my girl." Dean smiled as he saw you, making your heart skip a beat. He made your fake smile feel like a real one. He seemed like... Dean. You raced toward him, throwing your arms around him. You planted your lips onto his and began kissing him. He immediately dropped the bags and put his hands onto your hips as he began kissing you back. You smiled under the kiss. Sam cleared his throat, making Dean pull away. He looked over at Sam, who had a small smirk on his face now, but then looked back to you.

"What's with such a sweet welcome?" Dean asked, staring in your eyes. "Not that I'm complaining," he quickly added. "I'd love more of that."

"Just reminding you how much I love you," you cooed, booping his nose.

"I love you too." He grinned.

Sam came over and picked up the food bags, setting them on the table while Dean began kissing you again. You heard the rustle of the bags as Sam went through them, sorting out the food for each of the three of you.

Dean pulled away once again, and intertwined his fingers with yours. He lead you over to the table and helped you into a chair. He settled down next to you, with Sam sitting across from you both. You all began to chow down.

You all had a great time eating with each other; laughing, sharing stupid childhood stories, and even making fun of each other playfully.

"Hey, Dean, can we talk?" Sam asked uneasily as the last bits of laughter dissolved. Dean didn't notice his tone.

"Yeah, what's up?" Dean replied, a small smile still on his face.

"I hate to break the good mood we have going on, but..." Sam hesitated. "I think we really need to talk about the Mark."

You saw Dean's face instantly turn cold and his smile disappeared instantly. "What's there to talk about? I've already accepted my fate. I told you this, Sammy. Do we have to talk about this now?"

"From the dawn of time to the end of days,

I will have to run away.

I want to feel the pain and the bitter taste

of the blood on my lips

again."

"Do you know just how badly this is going to affect [Y/N] and me? I've lost you so many times. [Y/N] shouldn't have to deal with the pain of losing you if she doesn't have to. We CAN find away to get the Mark off, Dean. You just have to believe in us," Sam argued. "Believe in yourself, too."

Dean looked down at the table. His fingers ran across the Mark.

"Dean..." you said, softly laying your hand on his shoulder. "Please let us help." He slowly shook his head, making you and Sam frown.

"The steady burst of snow is burning my hands.

I'm frozen to the bones, I am

a million mile from home, I'm walking away.

I can't remind your eyes, your face."

"Guys... I just... I can't. It's too hard. I'm sorry. I am so sorry, [Y/N]. You have no idea how badly I wish I could believe this can be fixed, but I just can't." Dean looked over at you. You saw he was on the brink of tears. "I love you so much, babe. I love you so much..." You began crying. Dean stood up, pulled you up, and wrapped his arms around you, gentler than ever before. "I'm sorry," he repeated, stroking your hair.

You heard Sam get up. He walked over to you and Dean and wrapped his arms around the both of you. "We won't give up," Sam said quietly. "You know we won't."

"I know," Dean said. "You never do."