Chapter- 24 Am I?

Start from the beginning

"Ok, have a seat first," she said, pointing at the single seat couch opposite to her, but I sat beside her on the same couch. She didn't say anything, just sat there waiting for me to speak. I also stayed silent, not knowing how to start.

I looked around her room and there was a photo of my mom and dad on the side table and many more pictures of us with Mom on the walls. I saw the album which she was viewing when I came and that too was an album of my childhood pictures.

She is a selfless woman, which woman should accept her husband still loving his previous wife, but here she is... keeping pictures of her in the room.

"Maa," I called slowly.

She took a shaky breath, as she asked, "you called me Maa."

"Yes, Maa, I called you," I confirmed and a lone tear escaped from her eye.

I dropped on the floor and took her hands to mine.

"First of all, I am sorry, Maa. I don't hate you, instead I love you and respect you as much as I respect dad," I confessed.

"Beta (child), you don't have to do this. Please get up and sit here," she said, holding my shoulder.

"Maa, I am sorry I made you think like I hate you but I really am not, Maa," a few tears escaped my eyes without my permission as I spoke to her.

"It's ok, Sid, I am not mad at you," she replied softly while wiping my eyes, ignoring her own.

"You are not, but I am," I mumbled

"It's ok, beta. I was worried about you, but now you have Megha. I am less worried now," she said, caressing my head, and I closed my eyes for a moment to feel that motherly love.

I rested my head on her lap. I could feel her tears on my cheeks, so I looked up at her and asked her not to cry.

"I am not crying. These are happy tears," she said, and I wiped her eyes.

"Is she here?" She asked me suddenly.

"Who?"

"Megha, isn't she the one who sent you here?" she stated, and I nodded, knowing she found that.

"Megha, come inside," she called, but Megha pretended not to hear.

"I know what she is doing. Just bring her here," Maa told me with a smile and I nodded.

When I walked out, Megha was leaning on the wall, looking at a painting pretending like she was lost looking at it.

"Maa is calling you," I informed her, grabbing her attention.

"You dummy, you told her I was here. What will she think?" she said, slapping her forehead in disbelief.

Dummy? Me? Ok, leave it for a second.

"What will she think?"

"She thinks that I forced you to talk to her," she remarked with slight frustration.

"Megha, I can hear you," Maa commented from inside.

Megha looked horrified, like caught in the act.

Cute.

"It's ok, come in now," I said and pulled her inside.

"Maa, I swear I didn't force him," she exclaimed immediately after entering.

Maa let out a hearty laugh and asked her to come near. She has done what she was asked to.

"Thank you, Megha, for giving my son, our son, back. I am really thankful to you."

"It's nothing, maa," she shrugged.

"You know, when his father decided to marry you both, he said it was my sister's wish and it can change Karthik for good. And you know, my sister is always right. She knows you can change him, that's why she wished for that," Maa said with tears in her eyes.

After that, we talked about my childhood and olden days and Megha listened to everything with utmost interest and asked a few questions too.
.
.
.

I laid down on the bed and took her into my arms. She kept her head on my chest and wrapped her hands around my waist.

"Megha."

"Hmm," she hummed in response.

"Why are you this good to me? I have insulted you in our earlier days. Why do you still support me and my family like this? What have I done for you?" I asked the thing which is disturbing me so much.

She looked up at me, and our eyes met. She just smiled and mumbled something which I didn't understand.

"What did you say? Say it clearly," I asked.

"It's nothing, just sleep, don't think too much," she said and hugged me tightly, closing her eyes and within a few minutes, I could feel her even breathing.

She can fall asleep in just a few minutes and didn't wake up even when there was a thunderstorm. I wonder how she managed to wake up early in the morning every day.

I thought she was just a regular teenager when my dad told me about marrying her, but my assumption was wrong. She is more mature than I have ever thought. She knows the value of a person, importance of family, value of food and she is such a wonderful soul who tries to help everyone.

I am glad that I am wrong about her. I am ready to walk with her till the end. I don't know what life has planned for us, but I want to face it with my wife Megha, Megha Karthikeya Roy.

Am I falling for my wife? With this thought, I dozed off to sleep.

***

Hey guys ❤

How is the chapter??

Have you ever doubted Megha? Tell me in comments

Do vote and comment your thoughts ❣️❣️

💜💜