Part Five

"Akutagawa cut him off!" Chuuya yelled from somewhere to my left.

Without a word, I steered right and cut through a short alleyway before heading left again. He was racing across the street now, right in front of me. As I neared him, he whipped around and shot me in the leg, causing me to stumble. I bit my tongue to keep from calling out as pain shot through my leg from the wound. I lurched forward and managed to grab a hold of the hand holding the weapon and tore it out of his grip as Chuuya pinned him down, Dazai joining him soon after.

Once I was sure he was detained, I collapsed and lay in a half fetal position as I clutched the spot just above the bullet wound. Tanizakai dropped down beside me and wrapped something around my leg to cut off the blood flow.

The medics showed up and loaded me into the emergency vehicle before racing me towards the hospital. My vision began fading out and I felt lightheaded. I didn't have time to say anything before everything went black.

___________________

"He's locked up?" I asked.

"Yeah, we caught him last night and took him to the station. He won't be bothering you or any else anymore." The short officer nodded with a soft tone.

I nodded, slightly shaking at the mention of the man that has put me through hell for the past six months, but relieved at the same time.

"I also wanted you to know that Officer Akutagawa was shot while taking him down. He'll be fine, but he did get rushed to the hospital last night." He said.

I looked up at the male in shock. "C-can I see him?"

He nodded. "Yeah." He hesitated. "He's grown pretty fond of you this past week. I don't know how many times he has seen you before we intervened, but you probably know that it is dangerous for an officer to get close to a victim. Normally we would take him off the case and give him time off until this was solved, but seeing as he's the only one you will actually talk to." I nodded as he shot me a small smile. "How about we pay him a visit."

I nodded and smiled back. I shifted to the side of the bed and pushed myself up, wincing at the pain that shot through my body. I took a breath before taking a step. My leg gave out and I stumbled into the short officer.

"S-sorry, I-I didn't m-mean to." I tried pushing away from him but he shook his head and wrapped an arm around me.

"It's alright Atsushi. I'll help you." I glanced up at him with a nervous nod of my head and he led me to the room holding the dark haired male. His grip never loosened, and his constant reassurances everytime I would stumble calmed me.

Eventually, we arrived to the room and entered, only to find four people in there already. Three of them were dressed in police uniforms. One had orange hair that was held back by clips. Another was covered in bandages and was teasing the final male. He was tall, had blonde hair that was held back in a ponytail, and glasses. Next to the bed, holding her brother's hand, was the dark haired, sister that gave me a warm smile when  we met before.

The brunette in bandages was the first to spot us.

"CHIBI!" He yelled happily when he saw the man supporting me.

"Shut up you waste of bandages, can't you see that nobody here is wanting to put up with your loud mouth right now?" Chuuya asked irritatedly.

"Aww Chibi, don't be so cruel." He whined as he threw an arm around his shoulders, unconsciously pushing me towards the wall.

"Dazai!" The girl yelled as she caught sight of me. She raced over to me and slowly wrapped an arm around my waist, the other wrapping my own arm around her shoulders. "Pay attention!" She snapped. She took me to the couch by the window and carefully sat me down. "Sorry about that. He has no sense of shut up and calm down. To be honest, I don't even think those words are in his vocabulary." She smiled lightly. "I'm Gin. Akutagawa's sister."