Part Three

How long have I been tied up?

Minutes?

Hours?

I didn't know. I couldn't see anything, and the sound of creaking floorboards from the other room kept me on edge.

His footsteps got louder, and his maniacal laugh rang through the room. I pulled on the restraints again and tried to get away from him as he climbed back onto the bed. My attempts were futile, but I couldn't help but try.

"Stop fighting the ropes. You are never going to get them off." His voice was back to its normal tone, making his accent much more prominent than when he yells.

I silently cursed his voice because, no matter what he has done to me or what he intends to do, it has this unwilling effect on my body that makes my body relax involuntarily. I hated it, but he knew this little fact about me and used it to his advantage.

My body, in less than five minutes, was completely relaxed. He pulled off the blindfold so I could see, and I silently wished he would put it back on. He was smirking down on my naked body with a malicious glint in his eyes.

"God, you are so beautiful." He said as he climbed on top of me. He reached up and untied the ropes from my wrists, allowing them to fall limp. I was too tired to fight back. Even if I was at my full strength, he would still overpower me.

He took one of my hands in his and began massaging my wrist. I turned my head and looked at the curtains that covered the window.

"Hey, look at me." He murmured as he switched wrists.

I didn't want to. I didn't want to look at the person who has inflicted more pain on me in the past few days than he has in the last three months.

"Come on, baby, look at me." His voice grew a bit, and it wasn't as gentle.

I did as he said, afraid of what else he would do if I didn't. He smiled at me when my eyes met his, and he placed his hands on my chest.

"I want you to know that I wish I didn't have to do that to you. I love you too much to put you in any more pain. But you put yourself in this position, didn't you?" He questioned, his hands still roaming my torso.

"No." I mumbled, barely audible.

"What?" He asked.

"I said no. You don't love me."

"Do you want to say that again?" His voice grew as he spoke.

Mine did, too.

"Yes, and I will say it over and over again." I exclaimed. "Nothing you do to me now can be worse than what you just did!"

He scoffed. "You deserved it."

"For what? What did I do to deserve any of this? You got angry with me a few days ago because you misunderstood what your colleague told you." I snapped back.

"You were cheating on me! With that pigtailed girl you worked with! She's a minor!" He yelled.

"And I wasn't?" I yelled back. "I was walking her home after dark so she wouldn't get hurt!"

"What if you got hurt?" He countered.

⚠️⚠️

"You wouldn't have cared. You put me through more pain here in my own home than any kidnapper could ever do." He slapped me across the face, my head snapped to the side, allowing me just enough time to glimpse red and blue lights just outside the house.

"Don't you ever raise your voice to me again!" He screamed before climbing off the bed and dragged me off as well. He pulled me into the bathroom. Once inside, he slammed my head into the side of the bathtub. he grabbed my hair and forced me to look at him before shoving me down.