Chapter 8- Exploring

I'm sitting on the sofa. Doing nothing. Bored as Hell.

I get up and explore the room, even though I've explored it at least twenty times.

I turned around in a slow circle surveying the room, the blood-red carpet and the golden sofa. I look up at the crystalline chandelier. It's So beautiful.

I continue to stare at it until I realize that there's a latch next to it. I peer harder. Could it be a door?

I pull out one of the crimson chairs from the corner and put it directly under the chandelier. I grabbed hold of the latch and at first It wouldnt budge, then after a few more tries it finally gave away. I pull my arms through and hauled myself up.

After successfully getting through, I stand up and look around. There are boxes to the left, a bookshelf full of books and above that a window. An actual window! I haven't been or seen the outside in forever!

I hurry over and look out. What I saw surprised me. There were hundreds of kids milling around, doing different things, like carrying water without holding it, floating in the air, making things float in the air. I didn't know there was this many kids here. Did Mr.Daniel really kidnap all of these children?

I was about to pull away but my eye caught someone familiar, Lucy. I haven't seen her in a long time. I thought She left or something. I continued to look at her, she was running around yelling at people.

I finally pulled away from the window and I took one step and fell. Through. The. Floor. Yes, I fell. Not just fell on the ground, but through it.

And here's the thing Mr.Daniel's office was right below it.

*********

He was shocked. I was too. I'd rather have fallen in a pit of black mambas, then to have fallen in Mr.Daniel's lair.

"186? W-w-what are you doing?" He asked.

"Oh, uh. Nothing, just looking for the restroom." I replied getting up off the floor and dusting myself off. Ouch, that fall really did hurt.

"Theres a restroom in your room."

"Oh! Well I wanted to use yours, because I bet it's so much fresher than mine."

"Oh, really. Your room isn't under mine, the attic is. So do you care to explain?"

"Umm, I don't know. I just woke up in there and all of a sudden I tried to leave but I fell through the floorboards."

"Hmm, I don't believe that. I think you tried to escape, and do you know what we do to people who try to escape?"

My mind went to Celeste, my first dream of her, when John kept hitting her because she had tried to escape.

"We lock Them in a room, alone."

Don't they do that already?

"Will I still get food?"

"No!"

"Someone has an attitude."

He picks up a walkie talkie and says, "John, I Need your assistance up here."

John replies,"Right away, sir."

Uh, oh. I'm definitely in trouble.

A few minutes later John comes in.

"Sir, you needed my help?"

"Yeah, this young lady decided that today was the day to escape."

"What! I told you that I woke up in that room!" I exclaimed.

"I don't believe one word of that, take her away."

John grabbed me and I kicked and screamed, but he's stronger than me.

He yanked me down the hall. I passed a couple of kids who looked confused.

He opened a door and shoved me inside. The room was disgusting. It had a lot of trash and the walls had brown and black spots all over it.

I sit in the corner and think about my life so far.

I was doing good until they came.

I had just started getting used to living there. Mom had said it was the last time we'd move. She said we wouldn't move anymore. She said that it'll be different.

Now I wish we'd moved at least two more times, then maybe they wouldn't have found us. It's all my fault, if I hadn't complained about moving, we would've been alright.

Maybe that's why we we're moving so much. But How would my mom even know about Mr.Daniel?

Whatever, all I know is that if I hadn't complained so Much we might've just been safe.

There! Finally! I updated! Are you guys happy! No, oh ok.

I'm sorry for taking so long. I tried!

Remember to Comment, Vote, and Follow!

If You are one of those families that moves a lot comment and talk to me, because I'm one of those families too!