Chapter 5- Nice to meet you

I've finally decided to not follow Mr.Daniel's rules. It was extremely difficult because I love to eat, but there are people who have it worse so I can tough it out. I ate breakfast but that's about it, if they ask me to do something, like take another blood sample. I'll refuse.

  There's a knock at the door and for a second I'm scared I will do what they say. Pull it together, Rachelle. Do it for mom.

I get up and open the door, bracing myself for the worst. But when I open the door it isn't who I expect, it's Lucy, Mr.Daniel's daughter.

"Hello," she says. I Look down and realize she's carrying a tray full of food.

"Hi," I say, stepping back to let her enter.

"So, can I talk to you for a while?" She askd taking a seat on the sofa.

"About what?" I asked sitting with her.

"Nothing, really. Let's get to know each other," she says, turning towards me.

"Ok, what do you wanna know?"

  "Favorite food?"

  "Pasta. You?"

  "Pizza."

" What's your favorite song? Mine's Tommorow from the Annie soundtrack."

"I'm not aloud to listen to music," she says, looking down.

"Oh, why not?"

"My dad says it's not good for the mind."

"What!" I exclaim, "Not good for the mind, it relaxes you and music is good for you, it gives you the feeling that everything's going to be alright. Well, depending on what music you listen to."

  "I've heard a few songs, but I didn't really like them."

  "Well, there is a variety to choose from," I explain, "there's Pop, Rock, Rock N Roll, Hip Hop, R&B, and more."

  "Oh, ok," she says, looking bored.

  "Umm, so how old are you?" I asked to fill  the silence.

  "Thirteen. You're twelve, right?"

  "Yeah, how'd you know?"

  "They all are," she replied.

  "Who?" I ask, scooting closer to her.

  "No one,"she says quickly.

"It has to be someone, if it wasn't you wouldn't have said anything."

"Forget I said anything. Let's just go back to asking questions. What's your favorite color?"

  "Purple."

"I like blue. Favorite thing to do?"

"Draw. You?"

"I don't know, I like to think. It helps me sort things out."

  Now it was my turn to ask a question. "What are you doing here? Why are you here? Why Am I here?" Make That questions.

"I-I- I can't say," she says, standing up abruptly, "I have to go, my dad will be wondering where I am."

"Ok, come again?" I asked.

"Sure," she Saud, but I doubt she'd actually come back.

When she left I realized that the food was cold.

But it was okay, I'd lost my appetite.

Hi creatures and creaturettes! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I tried to make it longer, did I succeed? No? Oh, okay.

Oh! I can't dedicate this to a person using the app on my phone, so... Dedicated to @mangle469 who helped me write this and gave me some ideas. Thank you sidekick!