CHAPTER 37

Aurora Carter

Standing in his presence made me nervous I started to clear my throat to get his attention. "You good?" he asked while rubbing my exposed back. "Yeah" I say avoiding eye contact.

"We have to get back, it's the kids birthday party." he said now looking down at me giving me a strangle look. "Are you going to be okay?" he asks again making me look away.

"What if she hates me?" I ask in a quiet voice making him hold me tighter, for a second it felt like he was reassuring me. "She'll love you. She already does." he said smiling.

"He talks about you both you know" I say looking up again feeling bad. Not saying another word he makes intense eye contact with me, he held my hand and took out a small box from his pants making me look confused. "What's..." he cuts me off with one finger on my lips making me smile. Opening the box a ring appears making me gasp for air.

"This ring stayed with me since I found out I was marrying you, apart of me wanted to give you this one because it held more value. This was the ring I wanted to put on your finger but when I discovered your hatred towards me and I started feeling a certain way, I just wanted to forget about it all. I hated that I cared about you I also swore to my Nonno that I wouldn't fall inlove like he fell in love with Nonna and my father to my mother I swore I'd be the only Rossi man not to fall for a women much less the American heir. Not only did I fail miserably with the supposedly hate I held for you, when you died well when I was told you died apart of me died. I had the ring with me everywhere I went and I prayed I'd get a chance to replace your wedding ring to this one but no one let me near your body." he said as he removed the gold band that was sitting on my ring finger.

"It feels weird" I reply shyly.

"What does Futura moglie (Future wife)?" he says smirking like a idiot making me roll my eyes. "You can't call me your future wife idiot I'm married to you already.

"Yes yes" he says while replacing the rings. "I thought you said you don't speak Italian.. Mmh" he says smirking making me smile.

"I never said that slim ball" I say calling him out making him roll his eyes.

"I said I'm not fluent."
___________________

Walking out the spare guest room we walked next to each other, for some odd reason I'd hoped we would be holding hands. Sighing we stop at the other main entrance of the ballroom from what I heard everyone was either too drunk or happy celebrating to be concerned with our momentarily disappearance. Walking in we once again get everyone's attention making me groan in frustration, the most annoying part was how they thought they were whispering when in actual fact they were screaming jealousy.

"What haven't you seen the walking dead? " she says while smirking making the women scoff.

"You might want to start looking away now" she says bluntly.

Receiving death glares I roll my eyes before landing my eyes on a pair that looked identical to mine my body immediately went stiff and for a moment I think Luca felt it too because I felt something warm around my now cold hand looking down I realized it was his hand.

"We holding hands now?" I ask confused of his action. "Yes" is all he says silening my overthinking.

"Your mine now. I'm never letting you go, Ever! Never again amore." he says now looking into my eyes making my heart go on flames.
_______________________
Giovanni Rossi

She kept quiet which was a odd thing to experience cause Aurora was the opposite of quiet and peaceful. She was the definition of the words chaos and loud.

From the corner of my eye I saw Alora walking up to us making Aurora's hand go cold making me rub on it, she wasn't responding making me nervous cause this would be their first time meeting each other apart of me was happy since this was a private party area for the family.

"Ciao papà ( Hello papa)" she says in her sweet soft voice but don't let it fool you, she had her mother's mouth.

"Hello Alora" I said softening my tone towards my little princess.

"Who's she?" she says pointing at Aurora.

"Your mother." Anna says now standing next to her holding onto her son Mateo.

"Hi I'm Aurora." She says in her softest voice making us all speechless.

"I don't think I've ever seen her genuinely smile like that." Andrew says whispering to Gia.

"Yeah I've never seen her be so nice, it's weird" Anna says softly trying to contain the laugh she'd been holding.

As I was about to open my mouth to say something. "Open it and I promise I'll shot it off." she said whispering softly so only I could hear it.

Alora moves from her aunt and stands infront of Aurora eying her up and down making small sounds.
"Alora" I say sternly making her groan and cross her arms around her small chest.

"Bene (Fine)"

"How do I know you're my real mother huh?" she says with sass making Aurora laugh which made Anna tense up instantly.

"What's funny lady" Alora says with attitude making Aurora roll her eyes.

"It's mother kid and you're definitely mine." she says while crossing her arms.

"No you're not, my mother's dead." Alora said now shouting making everyone flinch, everyone except the women herself.

The small smile falls from her face.

"Don't shout at my mom girly" The small kid says walking to Aurora making Alora tense. "Aaron." Aurora says making him shake his head in disagreement.

"No mama, she's rude." he says now standing protective towards Aurora. "Go to her." Aurora said in my ear making me walk towards Alora who's face looked like she'd pop any minute.

"Or what huh" Alora spat back to Aaron." making him look visibly disturbed by her anger." She'll leave you again. "he says through gritted teeth now making everyone gasp.

"Aaron, I'm warning you. Apologize now." she says angrily but still not raising her voice. It seemed like motherhood changed her or maybe she just refused to raise her voice.

"No mama she's treating you unfairly. I won't stand for anyone to bully my mama" he said stomping his small foot on the ground.

Alora was just standing there angrily and then she said something harsh that nobody expected. "I hate you both and I wish you both died for real." she said now sobbing onto my pants making me pick her up so I could comfort her. 

"I wish I never met you both" Aaron said while turning his back to us and looking up at his mother for a moment it looked like they were communicating with their eyes.

Nodding she gave him a small smile. Letting him hold her hand.

Looking up at me with apologic eyes she turns walking another direction. Calling on her bracelet, the ballroom was now full of men in black but their mafia sign was visible and clear making it known who had entered.

The American Mafia.
____________________________________
We stopping here for now let's go...
Don't forget to Vote and Comment and don't forget to Follow this account.
My booktok needs your love so don't forget to follow my booktok on tiktok for more updates on upcoming posts on snowlight_rose on tiktok
Thank you for your patience ❤️
1000+ words.