CHAPTER 36

Giovanni Rossi

For a few months we were planning a birthday ball for Alora and she asked for a masquerade theme, everyone invited started arriving making the then empty  room filled with guests. I didn't want the theme as it remined of her, it made me think of the very first time I'd met the real her especially at the bar, I remember her walking in and begin the only women to catch my attention and how I'd stare at her FUCK.

 Today's event wasn't a painful one for me but more of a reliving one, the only problem was she wasn't attending this one and I knew it. Everyone's been walking around me like they're on eggshells and it's annoying. We hosted the masquerade ball at the same location as the last one we just had a different reason to celebrate well host this time and it was my daughter's birthday party.

The American Mafia refused to make Ally the new Donna considering Aurora was now dead apparently Andrew was in charge of it making everyone shocked that Aurora didn't leave it to her sister instead she left it to her second in command. I remember when Ariana found out she was so confused she tried finding Andrew but it seemed almost impossible until he appeared to the mafia meetings held every year. She tried talking to him to hand the mafia to Ally and each time he kept saying 'I can't do that' or it would be a simple 'I'm sorry' causing her to just nod.

I never understood how shit worked in the American mafia but I knew the sibling would take over. If the Leader had no siblings it would be passed down to the second in command but that was a long stretch.

She had to be alive if her second in command appeared a few times or they all had to be fucken greedy using her death to be in power, which I won't lie irritated the living shit out of me. Inviting them was a way of me wanting to trap them so I could find out why they were so mysterious.

As soon as they arrived I made sure to secure the place. No one would be leaving until I got my answers.
___________________________

Aurora Carter 

Arriving to the location I sigh making everyone look at me with a unsure look. "We can still turn around." Andrew says squeezing my hand for support.

Shaking my head "No, we have to do this and Aunt Andrea would strangle me if I ran away." I say nervously making everyone quiet.driving through a few trees we come into view with a huge gate hiding behind the closed window Andrew shows his invitation making the guards nod.

The driveway was surrounded by my men in seconds of my arrival. All the men I had left to guard my mom and sister had joined the security for my entrance, getting out of my SUV I held my hand out for Aaron since I knew he'd need my support. Shit maybe I needed his more.

"Hey little man, you good." I say softly noticing his shaking hand.

"I'm a big man mama and yes I'm fine." he says sounding emotionless.

Aaron knew emotions were forbidden in the underworld especially for men, he knew he had to be trained for the worse but he also knew to be honest with me. Noticing his hesitant stare I look away giving him his space "Mama.. I.. Umm. okay I'm scared." he confesses making me smile at his honesty "me too honey but don't be afraid everyone's going to love you." I say rubbing his back. Nodding we walk inside the mansion and so many memories run past me as we walk through the passage, stopping at the two doors that have everyone I know behind them I look at my men nodding and the door opens but because I'm extra I made sure they added smoke machines so we'd arrive in style. I am a badass so why not.