Prologue - Randomly Chosen

Começar do início

"And like it always goes, these two will be fighting to the death! Make sure to place your bets on the table, because this place is about to become a fucking bloodbath!!"

Hearing the voice of the Ringmaster made Riyu want to hurl. This person was the creator behind this sick show, and even had the audacity to announce every fight. How could a human being do this..

"This fight will now start in 3... 2... 1...! and it's on!"

Riyu instantly became tense, as he and Lotus began circling eachother. She leaned in close, an evil grin forming on her face. "You better do good, Riyu.. or you'll end up dying a painful death, just like your friend real soon."

Riyu took this moment to throw the first punch, as his fist collided with her face. Spit and a mixture of blood flew into the crowd, who cheered in response. He then threw a kick into her gut, which was enough to make Lotus slam into the fencing that enclosed them.

"Wow, and it seems that the Lotus herself has taken quite the first attack from Riyu! How will she retaliate?"

The woman smiled, wiping the small line of blood that trickled from the corner of her mouth. "Damn, Riyu, I was going to go easy on you. But with a combo like that, you're really asking for it now.."

Before Riyu knew it, she had come under him and took out his legs, causing him to tumble back and slam on the ground. A pain shot through his upper back, as he watched the woman take her elbow and drive it into his gut.

"Oh, and that was quite the hard trip! I certainly hope Riyu didn't get the air knocked out of him, because he'll certainly need it!"

Riyu reeled in pain from the blow, as he struck Lotus back on the shoulder, which was enough to break them apart. When they did so, he picked out a new area to make his second attack.

He dashed to the left, gripping into the chain links of the fence. He would then propel himself at Lotus, taking a fist and slamming it into her forehead, before using his legs to strike her in the chest and throw her down. He would effortlessly land on the floor, turning to the woman and getting back into his stance.

"Woah, where did that come from!? Riyu just used his surroundings to his complete advantage! The Black Lotus can not let herself down in this very moment! This means she will use her very own signature weapon!"

Riyu's eyes went wide, when he heard the words signature weapon. The highest ranking fighters all had one, and he knew for a fact that Lotus's weapon would end a rookie like him.

The Black Lotus laughed as the crowd cheered her on, even tossing cash into the ring out of excitement. She would reach down into the top of her heeled boot, pulling out a long, black strap. Connected to this, was a kunai made of pure damascus steel. It was a whip, purely made to lash and slice its victims.

"Your act ends now, Riyu! Never underestimate a top rank! Never!"

The whip cracked across the ring, as the blade sliced into Riyu's shoulder, drawing a significant amount of blood. Screaming and grabbing his wound, he fell back against the fence, as the Black Lotus twirled the whip in the air. It would then come back down, as he rolled away.

This caused the kunai to get stuck in the floor, as he charged at the Black Lotus and punched her in the gut, this time with even more force. He would then arch his fist and send it into her jaw, as she stumbled backwards herself. But the woman would quickly regain her balance, and look down at Riyu with malice in her eyes. "Bad choice, Riyu Yasuhiro.."