Chapter 7: Huh?

I woke up feeling more refreshed than usual, which was surprising since I only got about 3 hours of sleep. I shake it off and get ready for the day, clean my apartment a bit, make some coffee, and head to the daycare. Honestly, going to the daycare doesn't even feel like work anymore because of Sun and Moon.

Sun and Moon...

I started thinking about them. We get along really well, and we have been from the day we met. We haven't had any fights, they're pretty as fuck, and super understanding. How could they be more perfect? 

I arrived at the Pizza Plex and skipped to the daycare. I was around 15 minutes early, so I went into my office to check some emails, and then I took the stairs up to the tower. I immediately face-planted onto their bed and inhaled Sun and Moon's scents from the comforter. It smelled warm and fresh at the same time.

MMMM I wish I could have a candle of this shit-

The door to the tower creaked open and I looked up. Moon started walking in nonchalantly and then he looked over at me and did a double-take. His face turn red and he started to stutter. 

"S-starlight-how-when-uh...good morning?", he offered.

I smirked and chuckled. "Hi, Moony," I said with a velvety undertone.

His face turned even redder and he covered it with his hands as he started to walk away and jumped out of the tower. I didn't often see him this flustered, and I should say it was a treat.

I buried my face back into the covers and a few moments later Sun walked in. He saw me and ran towards the bed and jumped. "SUNSHINE!" he squealed. He landed next to me, thankfully, and looped his arms around me in a super-tight hug. I laughed and hugged him back. 

"You sure are excited to see me this morning." I mused.

He buried his face in my shoulder. "Mmm, I'm always this excited to see you. I just don't show it." he replied bashfully. I blushed and gave him a kiss on the top of his head. He flinched and looked up at me, wide-eyed. I raised an eyebrow and smiled. He blushed furiously and buried his face back into my shoulder, which evoked another laugh out of me.

"We should start greeting the kids, it's almost 9am." I stroked the back of his head. 

"5 more minuteeeesss..." he groaned. This surprised me, he usually was very happy to greet the kids. "C'mon Sun, we have to. It's your job and mine also." I cooed.

"But I hardly ever get you all to myself, sssunbite.." his tongue flicked out of his mouth, dripping with saliva and his eyes had hearts in the pupils. I blushed profusely. WhAT the FUCK? I've NEVER SEEN SUNNY like THIS? HE's almost Like.. a fuckbo-

I sprung up from my spot on the bed and patted him on the shoulder. "W-we can hang out more later, promise." He pouted sadly and nodded. My heart melted at his sadness and I gave him another kiss on the head, which he appreciated. His rays started spinning and he scooped me up, jumping down from the tower. I was right, the kids had started lining up outside the daycare door to be let in. Sun put me down and Moon walked over to merge with Sun. Before that, though, he paused and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I jumped.

OMGOMG WHAT WAIT HOLD ON- CHOTTO MATTE- MOON?? WHAT-

No time to panic over what just happened, it's time to welcome in the kids.

I hugged all of the usual children and said welcoming hellos to the new ones. Sun took their lunches and backpacks and hung them on hooks or put them in cubbies. We started the day with a game of hide-and-seek, and then we went to draw. After that, we had lunch. While I was eating my lunch, a little boy came up to me and tugged on my sleeve. "Yeah, what's up? Do you need something?" I asked sweetly.