Short Story

scroll to bottom for explanation in authors note

A blissful, soft awakening. They saved us. They helped us. They love us. 

Moondrop POV:

I started to sharpen my nails. Ugh, why does waiting for work to finish has to be so boring? That prissy Sun gets everything he wants. He doesn't even know how lucky he is to be in control for most of the day. 

"Moon, the last of the kids left. Wanna come out?" Sun asked.

"No, Sun, I'm not gay. How many times have we gone over this?" I teased as I phased out of his body into my own. I stretched.

Sun scoffed. "I heard there we're getting a new co-worker. I think they're going to be fun," he said.

"Sure, just like when you said the last one was going to be fun. He turned out to be some grumpy college kid that just wanted to make money."  I hated that kid. I almost tried to get permission to formally beat his ass, or I sure as hell was going to do it informally.

"Whatever. Let's just see what they're like." Sun replied.

Sun is always so hopeful, it's kinda annoying sometimes. Why not look on the dark side for once? It's way more fun. 

The daycare door opened. We were in our tower, at the time, so we just kept quiet and listened to the voices. We tried to look through the curtains of the tower, but only one could look and still be discreet. Like always, Sun wanted to be first.

"BITCH! I get to go first. You made me sit on my ass all day doing nothing just because what? You wanna stay with your little precious baby kids?" 

"LANGUAGE! Yes, I did, because YOU DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO HELP! YOU HATE LIGHT!" Sun shot back.

"I don't know if you live in the 21st century, but we can CHANGE THE FUCKING LIGHT SETTINGS!" 

"Oh my stars, I can't even deal with you right now." Sun rolled his eyes.

This bitch. I'm going to beat the hell out of his smug little fac-

"SUNDROP, MOONDROP, GET YOUR ASSES OUT HERE! COME MEET YOUR NEW CO-WORKER!" 

We completely forgot about the visitors because Sun was being a prick.

Sundrop POV:

"I HATE MOON!"

That's what I scribbled on my coloring paper. I immediately felt guilty, as he is my best friend, but he always picks fights with me. I scribbled it out and instead wrote,

"I dislike Moon to a moderate extent."

I still thought that was too much, so I just wrote,

"Hmph."

Good enough. I started to help the kids pack up because they were just getting picked up. I gave the courtesy of letting Moon know if he wanted to come out and he made a joke about being gay or something. That frizzled frazzled Moon. (I'm sorry Sunny doesn't curse >:) -author)

He phased out into his usual form and I told him about our new co-worker, and then we heard visitors coming into the daycare. We bickered in our tower until we heard our names being called to meet the co-worker. I look at Moon.

"Don't screw it up." I scowl at him.

He scoffed. "You should be telling yourself that, Mr. I Refuse To Say Fuck Like A Normal Person." 

"UGH! Just be nice for once!" I whisper yelled at him.

He grinned. "Never." 

I rolled my eyes at him and jumped out of the tower. Moon followed behind. Standing by the doors was Valerie and someone I hadn't seen before. Is it the new co-worker? 

The person next to Valerie seemed to be zoned out. On us. Huh. That's new. 

"Are you.. going to introduce yourself?" Valerie prodded.

"OH! I'm sorry, I must have zoned out again. That's been happening recently. I was just admiring your outfits! I'm Y/N, and I'm going to start working with you two here in the daycare. I hope-"

 I stopped listening. Crap glitter glueballs. I already like them. 

I continued the conversation with Y/N and Moon and Valerie soon left. Moon obviously screwed up everything and was being rude to Y/N, but surprisingly they didn't seem to mind. I was sweet as ever, thank goodness. They like my rays! I grinned. 

Moondrop POV:

Hmm. This one is... different. In a good way. They took my teasing well and teased me back. That's a first. They were concerned about what we liked to do, rather than just how to do their job. They wanted to know about us. Not the company. Not the kids. Not the workload. 

Us.

We talked for hours about whatever, and I honestly enjoyed their company. And holy shit were they pretty as fuck. Damn. I give Sun a look, and he knows it too. He feels it. This one, they aren't leaving. They are here to stay, and whether I like it or not, I'm going to love the shit out of them.

Y/N is just about to leave, so I convince Sun to give Y/N a hug, just to see how they take it. I always use Sun as my guinea pig since everyone already loves him to death already. 

They accepted the hug. I gave them a hug, and it seemed to last a little too long to be just friendly. They smirked at me. 

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK-

I overheated. Thank god upgrades took off the face heat feature temporarily or Y/N would've witnessed me blushing like crazy. I tried not to, but I think I've already fallen for them. I hid my embarrassment with a smirk back, even though it didn't match what I was actually feeling. They walked out, and Sun and I had an agreement. 

Sundrop POV:

Y/N IS SO NICE! THEY MAKE ME SO HAPPY! I think...I think they are going to stick around. I can tell Moon agrees. 

Moon tells me to give Y/N a hug before they leave, so I ask nervously. They accept and ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod what is this feeling? Why do I feel all fuzzy? I give them the hug and they hug back. Tight. 

I'M OVERHEATING-

I blush hard, but I'm not even sure if they saw it because the face heat feature was removed temporarily. Holy crap. They smirk at us and wave goodbye. It's final. Me and Moon have to agree,

"We're keeping them."

1103 words.

authors note: hey readers! i have been taking a break because i am currently sick at home, so here is a short story that is detached from the main plot. i know it isn't much, but i will be back on my normal schedule soon, so please enjoy! basically, it is a Sundrop/Moondrop x Y/N short from Sundrop/Moondrop's POV. it will be alternating from their perspectives, as they are individual beings. 

cya on the other side~