"Are you like... flirting with me?" I jokingly said.

We would always do stuff like that, it was really no big deal. Vic was actually the person who helped me explore and accept my sexuality. She came out as queer like two years before.

"Stop it, you know what I meant!" she said as we both burst out laughing.

"Speaking of..." she added.

"Yeah?"

"What about the hot neighbour you told me about last week?" she asked, playfully wiggling an eyebrow.

"Seriously?" I just said, covering my face with my hand.

"Yeah! You sounded pretty enthusiastic about her, you know"

"Well, I haven't seen her since so that's that. Probably busy with college, she must be in her last year or something... she looks a few years older than us"

"Oh, a milf" she said with a very serious look on her face. 

"Stop it!" I shook my head. 

"What? It's true"

"I literally said a few years older, not twenty years older. Anyway, she's definitely too attractive for me to even approach her"

"I swear if you don't stop saying things like these..."

"It's lowkey true, though"

"You know it isn't"

"Whatever you say. You know what?"

"What?"

"I think your motivational talk has motivated me to have a mysterious New York girl walk and to go behave like a mysterious New York girl in a café. If you know what I mean"

"I perfectly do" my friend said with a laugh. "You should go. You might meet your hot neighbour on the way"

"Oh shut up Vic" I said starting to laugh. "I'll let you finish watching Ocean's 8, then"

"That's honestly all I was waiting for"

"You're so annoying sometimes, you know? But I guess that's why I love you"

"I love you too girl, let me know if you meet anyone interesting" she continued, the both of us still laughing.

"I most certainly will"

"Good. Bye then!"

"Bye Vic" I replied chuckling, pressing the 'end call' button.

I honestly was so glad to have her in my life.

I got up from the position I'd been in for the past hour on top of my bed, my legs had gone slightly numb because of it.

I wore a white short-sleeved shirt and an ankle length dark green skirt, completing the outfit with my favorite pair of earrings, which resembled pairs of cherries. They never failed to make me look like the cottage-core girl I always wanted to be.

As I walked down the stairs I passed in front of the "hot neighbor's" apartment and wondered how come I actually hadn't seen her anymore. She really must have been busy. Or maybe she just didn't like going out, I guessed.

I'd previously searched for nearby cafes, and I found this really cute place that was just a ten minute walk from the building.

I figured it'd be nice to explore my neighborhood after weeks of being there.

The color of the leaves on the few trees in the area was starting to change from bright green to light brown, and the temperatures were slowly dropping. It was actually pleasant, I wished the weather was like that all year long.