Chapter 10 Part 1: Escape Of The Pailsman

Start from the beginning

  Luz looks at her hoodie, "Is it weird that I'm not wearing anything Hexside?"

  "Um, it's weirder that you're wearing Glandus colors," Willow points to the poster of the match between Hexside and Glandus.

  "Get ready to be creamed, Glandus nerd." A big guy says to Luz.

  Luz huffs, "hey! I'm a Hexside nerd. Gotta change out of this shirt. Where can I get a Hexside one?"

  "I know. There's a lost and found box in the cafeteria." Gus gestures to the school.

  "Ah! The lost and found. Where mouthguards go to retire." Luz runs into the school.

  As the three friends waited, the bus had already left, but they refused to leave their friend behind, so they stayed.

  The front doors of Hexside opens, which Luz exits in full Hexside apparel waving pom-poms. "Goooo, Hexside!" Luz exclaims as she does a split. Instant regret. "Well, I never did that before. Uh, where is everyone?"

  Luz looks up to see the dragon bus is flying away. "Oh, no! Come back! Why didn't you guys board the bus?"

  "We weren't going to leave you behind," Willow smiles.

  "I was," Gus says half jokingly.

  However, that didn't slide with Willow as she elbows him. "Gus!'

  "Can we walk to Glandus?" (Y/n) asks the young witches.

  "We'd never make it in time. Glandus is..."  Gus rolls his flags and points with them," "all the way out in the middle of the island."

  Luz scoffs, "typical Glandus."

  "And my dads are working, otherwise I'd see if they could give us a ride on their staff." Willow announced with a frown.

  Luz looks up in thought, "a staff... because staffs fly. Of course. I can get us a staff."

  Gus brightens up, "You can?"

Luz nods, "yes, come on."

  "King, are you home?" (Y/n) calls out as she walks up the stairs.

  "Is Eda up?" Luz asks King.

  King swiftly closes doors, chuckling. "Who? Oh. That Eda. No, no. She is out like a light."

  From the other side of the door came a growl.

  King chuckles nervously, "oh, man. Can she snore."

  Luz frowns, "oh, no. I wanted to ask if I could borrow her staff but I know she needs her rest."

  King quickly grabs Eda's staff and gives it to (Y/n). "Oh, I'm sure it's fine. It's fine. Just take it."

  "We can't. Not without Eda's permission." (Y/n) says with a serious expression.

  From the other side of the door, a muffled scream was heard.

  "Well, there's your permission. Off you go." King says as he waves off the girls.

  "I really owe Gus and Willow one," Luz says to (Y/n). "And it's just for the afternoon. I'm sure Eda wouldn't mind."

  "I guess you're right," (Y/n) nods.

  "Not our generous, kindhearted Eda. Big heart on her." King shifts nervously.

  They stare at each other for a second.

  Luz grabs (Y/n)'s arm and starts to leave, "we'll be back soon."

  King sighs and murmurs something under his breath.