Chapter 10 Part 1: Escape Of The Pailsman

Start bij het begin

  Eda shudders, "what? Oh, no. The curse. Hey, we have to get home. Now!" Eda says urgently as Owlbert turns into the staff.

  "King we have to go!" Luz calls out.

  "Atop the jungle gym, King was facing Usurper with daggers in his eyes. "Five more minutes, please!"

  "King! We need to go! Now!" (Y/n) yells, causing King to flinch at the intensity of (Y/n)'s voice.

   King growls, "this isn't over."

  "Okay, let's play again real soon." The kid hugs King.

King yelps as he struggles in the kid's grasp. "No, no. Keep those sticky hands away! Oh, no! He's touching me!" King screams.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  When they returned to the house, Eda tosses her staff to the couch, yawns, and flops facefirst onto the couch.

  "I'll go get your elixir," Luz says to Eda.

  Eda's voice muffled as she spoke, "don't worry about it. I'll get it myself in a bit."

  "Do you need us to stay home and take care of you?" (Y/n) asks Eda.

  Luz gasps, "I could put King in a little doctor's outfit."

  Everyone looks at King, who looks up from a stack of paper. "Weh?"

  "No one wants to see that," Eda says as she plops her face back into the couch.

  "I do," Luz says darkly.

  Eda sighs, "look, I know how to take care of myself. I've had this curse longer than you've been alive."

  "So, how'd you get it?" (Y/n) asks.

  Eda groans as she sat up a bit, "I don't know."

  "You don't know?" Luz tilts her head.

  "Somebody gave it to me. I don't know who and I don't care because I'm fine, all right? Anyway, don't you two have plans with Tweedledum and Twerpledee?" Eda ask the two pestering humans.

  "Well, (Y/n), Willow, Gus, and I are going to the grudgby game between Hexside and Glandus High." Luz answered.

  Eda screws Owlbert back onto the staff, "since when are you into sports?"

  "Since I found a little something called "Hexside Pride." To think that Glandus, whoever they are, would dare face us. But if you need me to stay..." Luz draws out, causing Eda to sigh.

  "Gross. Sympathy. Go! Go have fun at sport," Eda waves the girls off.

  "Hooray! Hooray for sport! Hugs and kisses, King." Luz kisses his skull. "Mwah!"

  (Y/n) bends down and hugs King. "Don't spend all night plotting revenge."

King grumbles as he hugs back before (Y/n) left to follow after Luz. "That drooly‐faced heathen will know my wrath."

  Luz and (Y/n) ran to the school, where the students are lined up to get on a dragon bus. They is ran towards it but not paying attention.

  "Hexside's gonna wreck your side. Huh, no. Hexside is the best side in the west side." Luz yelps as the dragon bus roars and bites at Luz warningly. "Ah! Friends." Luz runs over to them and made poses, expressing their excitement. "Happy game day, fellow, uh... Are we Hexidians? Hexies? Hexoleos?"

  "Actually, most people call us.... winners," Willow says with determined eyes.

  "Grudgby games are the best. The players go through these action‐packed trials. And the audience gets to wave flags. Look, I practiced," Gus says as he pulls out two flags, turns in a circle as he waves them and hums.