"Still?" he questioned in disbelief, "You remember me?"

She stroked the strings of the guitar before turning to him fully, she smiled like crazy at his question, "Of course I do. Talent show, middle school. Chrissy and I had some cheerleading-thing going on and you were in that band, Corrosive Coffin." she watched how his eyes lit up, "Besides, with a haircut like that, how could I forget?"

Eddie ran a hand over his face, "We don't talk about that haircut." he chortled, "It never existed, okay?" he joked.

"Hey, I'm not judging you, I've had a shaved head once too." June excused him.

Eddie's smile stayed, but his brows furrowed with it as he stared right into her chocolate-brown eyes, "You did?"

"Yeah," she stared right back into his eyes for a little too long, "when I was 11, but I hid it with a wig. My mom told me I was in an accident. Told me they had to shave my head for the stitches. I lost my memories that day." she showed him her wrist, "Still got a scar."

"Huh," he remarked before changing the subject, "you said you had almost the same guitar, you play?"

She nodded as if it was obvious that she did, "Every day, baby."

Eddie's heart skipped a beat at the word coming out of her mouth, mostly because it was directed towards him. He cleared his throat once he got out of his trance, "Will you play with me? I've got another one in the room next to this one."

"I thought you'd never ask." June smirked, Eddie handed her the guitar on the wall and told her to stay put as he fetched the other one.

Meanwhile June stemmed the strings of the guitar. She started strumming them softly in the melody of Metallica's 'Master of puppets'. It was one of her favorite songs and one she played all the time.

She was so focused on the sounds, she didn't notice that Eddie had long come back and had started leaning against the doorframe to watch her.

She was extremely good at what she was doing, but what got him staring was the fact that one of his dreams became reality. Juniper McKennan was in his bedroom, playing his favorite song on his guitar after playing his favorite game.

At this point, June was humming the lyrics while she strummed the guitar, it was a sight for sore eyes. She finally caught Eddie's stare, "What?" she laughed.

"Nothing." he waved it off, suddenly becoming very shy, "Absolutely nothing."

The two went on for hours after that, even after it started pouring. They taught the other songs they didn't yet know, laughed, drank and talked until they realized how late it actually was.

Eddie made June forget she had a reputation to keep, like he was a drug she wasn't allowed to touch, because you're a goner the minute you even touch it. He was the most fun she'd had in a while when, really, all he did was care for her real persona.

"Ah, shit!" June exclaimed when she saw the clock, "My mother's going to kill me!" she ran around the house to get her stuff together, "I'm so sorry, do I need to help you clean?"

"No, no, you're good." Eddie was quick to reply, "Are you really going to walk back in that, though?" he looked her up and down.

She followed his gaze, noticing she was still in her cheerleading outfit, it had a short skirt and a small shirt. Of course, June was so smart to forget her vest.

"I guess." she shrugged, "It's not that far, just on the other side of Lovers Lake."

Eddie tilted his head, "Oh, sweetheart, that's nine miles." he looked outside the window, "And it's still raining like crazy. Wait here."