Prologue

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as I drove around the race track. Dust was flying into the windscreen of my stock car and I could only just see the car in front of me. I had to drive carefully but as fast as I could at the same time. The weather was humid and I was sweating in my jumpsuit, my helmet felt too tight on my head and if eyeballs could sweat, mine definitely were.

I couldn't deny that I felt extremely uncomfortable in this car as I tried to finish my final lap but none of it seemed to matter as I was driving because it was what I loved, although something about today felt different and out of place, but I just couldn't work out what it was.

The finish line was around two more corners and I was going to win this race. I began to overtake the car in front of me, I looked over at the driver in it and he was focusing hard on the road ahead, almost completely unaware I was there until, out of nowhere, he rammed his car into the side of mine, causing me to swerve a little on to the grassy piece of land surrounding the track.

I managed to stable the car and I breathed deeply as I rammed his car back, causing him to swerve out of control and fall behind. I grinned under my helmet and sped along in front of the car. I was turning a corner when I heard the voices of my team in my headset.

"Morgan, you need to get into the pull over now, your tyre is about to blow"

I ignored the voices and continued to speed ahead, skidding around the corner I felt a bump and my car drove... differently.

"Morgan, get off the track your tyres on your right side are going to go at any second. If you keep going at this speed your car's going to flip."

"I'll be fine" I growled back, going faster

"You're not fine. You need to stop" I heard another voice

"This last corner" I said, seeing it up ahead, "I'm winning, I can do this guys"

"Honey," I heard my mother's voice through the headset and I groaned, "He would be proud of you for even qualifying for this race but you need to stop. You're putting yourself in danger"

"Ok, who let my mother use their mic?!" I yelled angrily as I took the corner.

I knew this was dangerous but I had to finish this race. Not for me or my mum or even my team. I had to win this for dad.

"Morgan don't you dare take that corner! Get out!" I heard someone yell at me as I smirked and turned the corner.

But as I was warned I felt a sudden bang, the pressure from the tyre caused the car to be launched up into the air and for a second I felt a feeling of complete weightlessness. Like all of a sudden, the world had stopped and I was floating in the air with no trouble at all. That was quickly ruined by the sound of a loud bang as the roof of the car hit the tarmac.

"Shit!" I screamed as the car picked up again and smacked against the ground a second time.

I felt the car skid along the road and the raised voices of my team, yelling in panic.

But just before I completely blacked out I heard my mother say something. It was barely above a whisper but I heard it as clearly as I would have if she had yelled it at me.

"Not again"

-

Ok, so here's the new book I've been working on. It's a werewolf story and I am so proud of it. I love the plot line and hopefully you will too. I think my writing in this book improves immensely over time and in comparison to my previous book.

(I'm also fully aware that the cover needs some major editing but lets focus on the content of the book, shall we?)

Thank you for reading,

Please vote and comment,

-V