Chapter 9 Part 1: Something Ventured, Someone Framed

Start from the beginning

  Gus rubs his neck, "well, I feel like I took care of any potential problems."

  "You lied to our best friends and told Luz you got the ban lifted. That seems like a potential problem to me." Willow points out.

  "You don't understand," Gus starts to rant, "The members were going mad. They were bloodthirsty. They were touching objects. I had no choice!"

  "Really? What about all the wanted posters around school?" Willow asks.

Gus smiles as he pulls the wanted posters out of his bag. "What wanted posters? I also got these." Gus then pulls out two cowls. "To keep them undercover."

  "Undercover from what?" Luz says from behind.

  Gus yelps as he slams the cowl backwards over her Luz's head as she squeaks. Gus did the same action to (Y/n). "Behold your new cowls."

Luz examined her cowl as (Y/n) fixed her's, "whoa. I love it."

  Gus turns Luz's cowl around and pulls the hood down.

  Luz sniffs her cowl, "on the Boiling Isles, new things smell old."

  "Yep. Put it on. Hide your ears," Gus chuckles. "Wanna keep you under wraps 'till the big reveal."

  "Oh, a showman. I totally get it. You bring the razzle," Luz and (Y/n) pulls their hoods up. "We'll bring the dazzle."

  Luz then throws handfuls of confetti out of her pockets.

  Willow and Gus stare at her.

  "Do you always have confetti on you?" Willow asks.

  "Believe me, I've known her since childhood, and I yet don't know why or how she has confetti on her." (Y/n) replies with a shrug.

  Gus flinches when his watch demon screams and bites his arm. He pokes it in the eye to make it stop. "That's my alarm. Uh, we better get going. See you after school, Willow." He waves before grabbing both the human teenagers with him.

  "Bye, friend. Be safe. Make good choices." Luz waves.

  "See you at later Willow," (Y/n) calls out.

  Willow sighs worryingly, "oh, Gus. I hope you know what you're doing."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  **Meanwhile at the Owl House**

  "I'm trying to protect her, and (Y/n). Hexside chews up anything unique and spits out bland mush." Eda rants as she rips apart a flower.

  "I chew insects. I turn them into mush," Hooty says as he watches a fly buzzing around him.

  "But that's my beef. Does she need to draw her own conclusions?" Eda says as she tries to ignore Hooty's ignorance. "My beef is insects. They're what I eat." Eda glares at Hooty, "you're just gonna be unhelpful, huh?"

  "All I know is, you taught me and I turned out just fine." Hooty sticks out his tongue in an attempt to get the fly walking next to his head, making a gagging sound.

Eda watches in concern. "I gotta get those girls into school."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  The three walks down the hallway but they were stopped when a student was being dragged away by a guard with a hook around the student. "The only thing I'm guilty of is being too real!"

  "That's new," Luz says as she watches the student being pulled away.

  "Well, they kinda showed up after your last visit. They smell trouble. Literally." Gus explains as (Y/n) realized that this was the guards that Edric and Emira were talking about.